Service manual for Stihl 025

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for Stihl 025 Service Manual

I think I'm missing a part on top of my fuel tank on my stihl 025, as it shots fuel out when I remove the cover. If possible could someone please email me a service manual or parts diagram.

Thanks in advance,

Bryce H. Nilson
SB2 Cattle Co.

I think I'm missing a part on top of my fuel tank on my stihl 025, as it shots fuel out when I remove the cover. If possible could someone please email me a service manual or parts diagram.

Thanks in advance,

Bryce H. Nilson
SB2 Cattle Co.

Sounds like you're missing a plug on the vent tube line (some have vent tubes, some are just plugged, I had to put a screw in mine, semi-tight, can barely get air around the threads).

PM me your email and I'll send you the manual and illustrated parts list :D

Hi

Just to add to the chorus of people wanting a service manual/parts list for the 025. Would appreciate it someone could send them to me, like others here I have inherited a 025 from my father in law and seems to be having issues with the oiler.

Vaughan

Anyone sends me a PM with their email I'll send them the manual and illustrated parts list ^_^

In need of a service manual also for an 025 Stihl

Well ... I have to say this is a great and informative site.
Almost every search regarding great saws drew me to this site.
The info and comments were super helpful.

I ended up buying a used Stihl 025 in excellent condition from the original owner for $100 :greenchainsaw:

---> I hope I did ok. I sure could use a service manual also.:)

It has the original chain and bar on it. The chain has one more run left in it till dull.

---> What bar and chain do ya all recommend?

This going to end up being my Truck Saw for camping firewood and road hazards on FSD roads in the event I get so far back in the woods and tree fell locked in. [Don't laugh ... it happened to my friend] Plus I will be doing 1/2 cord of firewood per year.

Thoughts?

Which Bar and Chain

On my MS 250 I prefer a 16" Stihl Bar with .63 guage chain. I am also a fuddy duddy and use the green low kick back chain.

Nosmo

Addition: I forgot to mention you probably should change your sprocket too. I am using the 7-Tooth one on my MS 250.

Last edited:
On my MS 250 I prefer a 16" Stihl Bar with .63 guage chain. I am also a fuddy duddy and use the green low kick back chain.

Nosmo

Addition: I forgot to mention you probably should change your sprocket too. I am using the 7-Tooth one on my MS 250.

OK ... thanks ... I'm a noob so be patient with me.

Shorter bar stresses the motor less?
What benefits to the 7-Tooth sprocket?

Sprocket

For example 7 teeth instead of 8. The sprocket with 8 tooth has lower speed torque but a little higher speed. The 7 tooth sprocket has higher low speed torque and just a little less high speed.

This is somewhat like a manual transmissons torque and speed.

Nosmo

I have a Stihl 025, I'm in the middle of replacing the two main seals and could really use the service manual and parts book... Could someone please send me them to me?

Thanks

I have a Stihl 025, I'm in the middle of replacing the two main seals and could really use the service manual and parts book... Could someone please send me them to me?

Thanks

Anyone sends me a PM with their email I'll send them the manual and illustrated parts list ^_^

Stihl 025

This is a great site. Would appreciate it if someone could send me a copy of the service manual and the IPL for the Stihl 025. Thank you for your time

Last edited:
This is a great site. Would appreciate it if someone could send me a copy of the service manual and the IPL for the Stihl 025. Thank you for your time

Already sent, need to take your email out of post before it's harvested by spammers:blob2::chainsawguy:

I just received a Stihl 025 with multiple issues from a family member. Have users/owners manual, but need a service/repair manual and IPL. Discovered this site appears to be the place for seeking such things. Thanks!

I just received a Stihl 025 with multiple issues from a family member. Have users/owners manual, but need a service/repair manual and IPL. Discovered this site appears to be the place for seeking such things. Thanks!

Already received a PM with help, thanks so much!

IPL & Manual for 025

Thanks to many of you who help amateurs like myself do their own repair. I would be grateful if anyone of you can send me the IPL and Service Manual (that has detailed drawings) to repair a Stihl 025 Chain Saw. Many thanks in advance !

Latest posts

Back