Service manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Stihl 200T and 280 - how do I go about obtaining service manuals for these saws?

Thanks - Foghorn

Hi Foghorn, I bought an 08 a few months ago and didnt get a manual with it,went to Stihls website and got their number, called them and they sent me a manual for the saw free of charge. They seemed very eager to help. Good luck.

As Andy said any decent dealer can get you one for a few bucks. If not let me know as I can get them.

Bill

dustytools said:
Hi Foghorn, I bought an 08 a few months ago and didnt get a manual with it,went to Stihls website and got their number, called them and they sent me a manual for the saw free of charge. They seemed very eager to help. Good luck.

They sent SERVICE manual or OPERATOR'S manual?

bump_r said:
They sent SERVICE manual or OPERATOR'S manual?

Yea, it doesn't sound like Stihl to send a free service manual. This goes against their philosophy of keeping repairs at the dealers.

Dan

I can see the floodgates opening now! Good gravey, their postage bill....!

They send the Owner/Operators manual, and you can download that from the site. Service manuals (and now IPLs after they got abused by Ebay reselers) are though the dealer.

I finally got the service manuals from the Dealer - paid about $9 for each. The only problem is they don't include an exploded parts diagram...:monkey:

Does anyone have parts diagrams for these saws they can email me???

Thanks!

Back