• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Several Saws for Sale for parts.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have five saws for sale – trying to make some room in my shop and thought I’d give the site members a chance before putting them on Ebay. First three are old Homelites. I’ve gone over these saws, cleaned up, checked or replaced carb diaphragms, filed and set the points, cleaned up the starters, checked P&C – all good. Chains are .404 x .063 and in good shape, bars have been cleaned and dressed square. Sprockets show just a little wear. I did not check compression or vac/pressure so I am selling all these for parts. See videos. Asking $50 each for the three Homelites plus shipping. Boxes measure 18” x 18” x 17” and weighs 32lbs. Let me know your zip and I will calculate shipping from 26003. These are boxed up and ready to ship. I also have a box of extra C51 parts (tank, crankcase, no carb, older bearing style starter) that I will let go for shipping cost. I prefer a postal money order but can take Paypal if necessary.

Keep in mind, it was cold when I shot these vids and have the saws set on the rich side.

Two Homelite C51: Saw #1(a) has the newer starter. Saw #2 (b) has the older locking bearing style starter – both work fine. Saw #1 seems to cut a little faster than #2 – could be the chain. Saw #2 has a pretty nice “C51” decal on the tank. These both have the square exhaust cover/muffler and are very loud. Please state whether you want #1(a)or #2(b). Video shows them cutting an elm log.
#1(a):
#2(b):

One Homelite model 500: Same P&C as the older Homelite original EZ/EZ6/600. I didn’t have a new carb needle so I installed a shut-off valve in the fuel line to prevent flooding. There are some cracks in the top cylinder cover but it seems stable - see photos. This seems to be the best running of the three Homelites. Video shows cutting a green white oak log.

4. Wright C50 for parts. Missing muffler , fuel and oil caps, air filter and cover. All else seems to be there. Starter works and engine is not locked up. I didn’t check the P&C closely for scoring but it looks ok through the exhaust opening. Bar and chain look very good. This goes for shipping cost only. Box is 18” x 18” x 16”, weight 30 lbs. Sorry, no photos.

5. Orline Mustang 13. Gear reduction. Saw looks like it’s had little use. I have had it running briefly but it needs carb work. Bar and chain show little or no wear. P&C are good. Points were filed and set, spark is good. I did have to braze the starter pulley to keep it from spreading apart – works OK now. One crazy thing on these is the oiler pump is tied to the throttle. Every time you blip the throttle, you get a shot of oil. I wouldn’t put in any oil until you are sure it is going to run. I’m asking $50 plus shipping. Box measures 16” x 12” x 12”, 15lbs.

Attachments

• DSCN3341.JPG
    DSCN3341.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN3344.JPG
    DSCN3344.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 20150102_115229.jpg
    20150102_115229.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 20150102_115246.jpg
    20150102_115246.jpg