Shelby County toddler killed in tractor accident

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScoutmasterRick

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Inattention on the part of the parents leads to the tragic death of a toddler.

Shelby County toddler killed in tractor accident

By Jody Callahan

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A 1-year-old boy was killed in an accident with a tractor in Shelby County Wednesday night.

The accident happened around 6 p.m. in the 10000 block of Macon, the Shelby County Sheriff's Office said.

According to authorities, the boy's father was working in their backyard with a Bobcat tractor. The father lost track of the child's whereabouts and backed over him with the tractor.

Authorities said the boy's mother was supposed to be watching the children, but stepped away.

Detectives are still investigating the incident. It was uncertain late Wednesday if any charges would be filed.

Link to original news story.

What a nightmare. What a nightmare.

A door, a gate, something MUST be locked, blocked, act as a barrier.
Must be a RULE. When a tractor is working near children, there must be something that makes it impossible for a child to get near the machine.

Or someone who doesn't take their eyes off the kid. Like when you're in the street. But that, in the house, is mentally hard to achieve.

My heart goes out to the parents. Couldn't think of anything else. They punish themselves, I believe, I hope it doesn't break their family.

SA

What a nightmare. What a nightmare.

A door, a gate, something MUST be locked, blocked, act as a barrier.
Must be a RULE. When a tractor is working near children, there must be something that makes it impossible for a child to get near the machine.

Or someone who doesn't take their eyes off the kid. Like when you're in the street. But that, in the house, is mentally hard to achieve.

My heart goes out to the parents. Couldn't think of anything else. They punish themselves, I believe, I hope it doesn't break their family.

SA

Amen. :(

Latest posts

Back