She's real fine my.....350?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16:1mix

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
With apologies to the Beach Boys, it just doesn’t have that ring like “409”! Nevertheless, it is orange, new and real fine!

My long awaited new saw purchase ended up being the Husqvarna 350, thus retiring the Wildthing forever. The other choice was the Stihl MS260 Pro, a saw that I liked feature for feature fully as well as the 350 but access to discount prices at my place of employ gave the $ advantage to the Husky.

For the small work I will use the saw for I picked up a 16” .325 .050 bar and chain to replace the 18” bar that came packaged with the power head. Without fuel and oil I scaled the new combo at about 13 lbs. I can live with that!

After filling the bar oil tank with genuine Husky bar oil and the fuel tank with my standard, one-size-fits-all 40:1 Redline synthetic, Stabil and Unleaded gasoline combination I fired the saw up for the first time and warmed the engine before making a few cuts in some light material. In the cold climate I gave the adjustable rate bar oiler screw a twist and observed the bar was soon sticky with fresh bar oil. This is a good sign to be sure as the oil out of the jug poured into the oil tank like honey.

Definitely a keeper!

My only negative impression was the chain brake mechanism that seemed exceedingly difficult to navigate over the outside rim of the clutch when changing chains. Any other impressions about this part on the Husqvarna 3xx saw family are welcomed.

Happy as a logger in sawdust!

Nice puppy.

I am with you on the chain brake design gripe.
I know of one that had a emergency chain brake removal due to a bad case of lock-jaw. Other than that, they are great little saws.

-Pat

16:1mix said:
With apologies to the Beach Boys, it just doesn’t have that ring like “409”! Nevertheless, it is orange, new and real fine!

My long awaited new saw purchase ended up being the Husqvarna 350, thus retiring the Wildthing forever. The other choice was the Stihl MS260 Pro, a saw that I liked feature for feature fully as well as the 350 but access to discount prices at my place of employ gave the $ advantage to the Husky.
Happy as a logger in sawdust!

I always thought loggers were unhappy in sawdust.... They grumble and swear and change over to a sharp chain. :)

16:1mix said:
My only negative impression was the chain brake mechanism that seemed exceedingly difficult to navigate over the outside rim of the clutch when changing chains. ....
:confused: Please explain that more in detail - changing chains is a breeze on my 353, and it should be on your 350 as well....
..... unless the brake is on when you are doing it of couse.

If the brake is not engaged it should slide right off. At least if it's the same mechanism as my 345, which I assume it is...

I use a Husky 351 and really like the saw. its reliable and cuts what I need it to great.. My clutch cover just slides right off and back on the same,, Dont have the break on when ya take the cover off.
Dale M:)

I loaned my 357 to a very good friend once, he used to work for a very large tree service, and for some unknown reason he took the sidecover off. With the brake on or he tripped it. Only time that's ever happened. What a BUTCH resetting that.

Latest posts

Back