New Husqvarna 762XP Loses Power During Cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmeyer116

Reaction score
I have a new 762XP with about one tank of gas through it. I haven't had any issues during the first tank, but this morning I was cutting through a 16" trunk when the saw essentially became gutless and wouldn't make any power.

I was about halfway through the trunk that was on the ground horizontally and the saw was upright. When I took the saw out of the tree and revved it, it revved fine, didn't put out any smoke or anything. The chain moved easy enough, was well-oiled, and when I took the bar and chain off, the oiler as not plugged. I did notice that when it bogged down, there was some heat generated, because the wood was steaming/smoking.

When I took the bar out and revved the saw, eventually the bar got hot, but was still well oiled and the chain spun easily.

Any ideas? I checked the bar and it is not bent, and from what I could tell the rollers moved freely and the track in the bar was clean.

So many questions need to be answered first.
Model 562xp
What size bar ? Bar and chain match ? Same as first tank ? Is it sharp ?
First tank of fuel from ?
Second tank of fuel from ?
50:1 40:1 what are you running ?
Fuel problem is the best call I can make for know.

What you described is liked some one straight gassed the motor . First tank from dealer no problem. Second tank 1/2to 3/4 it starts to lose power or lock up hot.

Not the first or last time I will see this problem.

Ha, yes, 562.

The bar wasn't pinched, it just lost power. I was easily able to remove it from the tree. Next cut was as described above - no power
Three possibilities for power loss are restricted fuel filter, bar roller tip trying to seize, or piston or ring trying to seize. Lean/ too hot can cause the piston seizure. FILTER might run fine at lower speeds, but starves under full load/ full fuel needs. This LEAN ONLY at high speed can also seize. PINCHED fuel line could mimic filter issue/

Back