Shindaiwa 345 help needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I picked up a Shindaiwa 345 for my next project. It is in really nice shape and needs a carb rebuild & a new gas line. The carb is no problem but from looking at the old gas line it appears I need to split the cases to replace this line, is that what is required or am I missing something easy? I do not have any info on this saw so any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Max, I have done a couple of 350's and I think they are like the 345. Yes, you do have to split the case but it is a fairly easy job. The torx head screws on the starter side of the case and the handle bar bolt. The fuel line goes in the top of the case, remove the upper half and then slide the fuel tank out, pop in the new pickup line and put her back together. The 350's are great little saws. The hardest part of your job is finding a Shindaiwa dealer to get the part for you.

Great to hear saxman! I actually have all the parts I need from a local guy.
I never had one of these before, however it appears to be a very well built little saw. I look forward to getting it running. Thanks again for the help!

Back