Shindaiwa poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever run a Shindaiwa product

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Being laid up from my latest cancer surgery I've got time to spend on this site.
After taking a couple of pain pills I had the epiphany to post a Shindaiwa poll.

I'm just curious how many of you have actually run a Shindaiwa saw.

Humor me folks as this is the highlight of my day except for my first bowel movement in three days.

Never tried one of their saws but they used to make the best trimmers on the market. Shindaiwa t270 was a most excellent piece of equipment. Light, held about a gallon of fuel, had power to spare and was bullet proof. Shinny speed feed head alone is well worth the entry fee. I think they also invented the power broom.

yes, i hope you are better soon. and btw those pain pills really block ya up.

i've run my Shindaiwa 377 and like it very much. also ran a few weed wackers that seemed good. around my area Shindaiwa weed wackers are considered top rate.

Good luck with the recovery and thanks for your responses on my Shindaiwa questions in the past. I may need to ask more shinny questions in the future. :cheers:

Now see, if you had been using a 361 instead of all those Shinnies you wouldn't have needed the surgery.

Here's to a speedy and thorough recovery.:cheers:

The test reports (dyno and more) I have seen on some of their better reputed models keeps me "stone cold" to that brand - sorry! :givebeer:

I was had one, but sent it to a Shindaiwa guy on here.

And I seen a 757 ? in the mountains and really wanted to run it but it was in need of repairs.

Im not completely biased, and will run whatever will start

I've only ever seen one used in the bush, a 50cc Shindaiwa thinning out small pines, pretty sluggish compared to an 026, also seen them used by scrub-cutters clearing fat gorse bushes, if Echo takes over shindaiwa then the shindaiwa saws will highly likely get even worse and end up having no decent power at all...

I have a 488, it's a really good firewood saw if the stuff is not too big. Very smooth, starts no matter what and tough as nails.

Mine is an ex rental saw so it might have had a hard life before I got it, but it doesn't show yet.

I would buy another one in a minute, but this echo thing has me worried too. Echo isn't what it used to be.
I know a lot of guys are going to say that echo never was anything, but my old Deere/echo 55v is a hell of a good saw....

Just got word from the surgeon and all the tests on my lymph nodes came back negative so hopefully they are done cutting on me for awhile.

Thanks for the good thoughts:clap:

My neighbor ran a 500 for years and years. Probably cutting about 5-8 cord a year. He always ran the cheapest 2 stroke oil, used motor oil for bar oil, ran it over with his tractor, had trees fall on it, the list goes on and on. The thing never quit. He was having trouble getting parts (this was before I knew about this site) and gave it in running condition to the dump.:cry:I think all that was wrong with it besides looking like it had gone to hell and back, was a stripped sprocket.

I have had several shindaiwa saws, a 595 was stolen now only two 350s left and a T260 trimmer I bought at a sale. My experience is they are very well built and start as good or better than any two stroke made. I got my first shindaiwa after watching a guy with a 350 treat it like in Jed's earlier post, no maintenance, cheap oil mix, and lots of abuse. The little saw ran and ran and would not quit. That is when I wanted a Shindaiwa. I have mostly Stihl saws now, which I really like, lack of dealer support, larger cc saws, were the reasons I left them, not because of the quality of their products.

Steve

I've only ever seen one used in the bush, a 50cc Shindaiwa thinning out small pines, pretty sluggish compared to an 026, also seen them used by scrub-cutters clearing fat gorse bushes, if Echo takes over shindaiwa then the shindaiwa saws will highly likely get even worse and end up having no decent power at all...

Did you get to watch that vid on the (670 cutting black walnut) thread where a little 45cc Echo cut faster than a 56cc Stihl rated at 3.8 hp and wasn't far behind a 72cc Stihl, might hurt your eyes a little. There's one guy that knows how to tune and run a saw Steve

Last edited:
No I never saw that but I'm about to have a look, but I can tell you right now before I even look that if there's a video showing a 45cc echo out- powering a 56cc stihl and keeping up with a 72cc stihl then there is definitely an uneven playing field involved, guarantee you that

Latest posts

Back