should i remove the ivy from the crabapple tree???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity Honoria

Reaction score
OK, as i mowed the very back of my yard, i noticed the ivy growing up on the crabapple tree... like everything else here, it's old... should i remove the ivy??? although i like the looks, i would prefer to go less pleasing to the eye and maintain the tree... when my arborist came 4-5 years ago, he said the tree was in good shape...

yes you should ......... hey and i saw in your other post you were calling your arborist for an opinion on the pecan damage why dont you just ask him/ her ??????????????????????

i will ask him... but my style is to gather information from more than one source, then make an informed decision...

plus with all the trees falling over in this area from heavy rains, he might not get here for a while... and i can yank the ivy in the mean time...

Ivy can stress a tree by: competing for water and nutrients and light, trapping moisture against, and concealing the trunk's possible pests.

That said, I like the look of it too, and on many trees I just keep it form shading out the leaves, and keep both tree and vine.

Latest posts

Back