Show me your fireplace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my open fireplace in my living room...no insert here. He's been sittin on pole position, waiting on ol' man winter to drop the green flag this year. I'm sure it's still 30-45 days away at least, here in mid-Ga. There's been a many a Turkey Day and Christmas Day here in flip flops. Closest I've seen wood burning this year is about half dozen times so far in my firepit on the back patio.

I may put a small insert in my open fireplace, but this thing will run ya outta the living room at times...and I just don't deal with a third of the winters and cold you folks do.

We've already been burning overnighters here. Its supposed to be warmer this week but we've probably already burned half a face cord.

I just cant stand letting better than half the heat go up the chimney. The less wood I burn is less time and effort getting, processing and keeping it.

Casey...that's a damn good looking insert you're looking at putting in...I like the 'simple' look of an insert, ain't never cared for the 'over the top' look...I think what you're looking at falls right in between. And I bet it will look fine in the brown color ya'll are wanting. I don't know who makes that thing, I guess I'd have to go back and look at that other thread you had...that's nice.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Thanks, we are looking forward to it. Its a Jotul C 550 Rockland CB.

This is the enameled color we are getting it in...

jotul_c550_brm_int_pop.jpg

We've already been burning overnighters here. Its supposed to be warmer this week but we've probably already burned half a face cord.

I just cant stand letting better than half the heat go up the chimney. The less wood I burn is less time and effort getting, processing and keeping it.

Thanks, we are looking forward to it. Its a Jotul C 550 Rockland CB.

This is the enameled color we are getting it in...

jotul_c550_brm_int_pop.jpg
I understand that heat loss theory, especially when running a fireplace all day and night, like you folks in the north, northeast, and Midwest do, especially when the cold sets in for good. And when you're busting ass to get it, split it and stack it all year, watching the majority of the labor go up the chimney makes it bittersweet.

Very nice on the brown enamel finish...does it actually have that 'faded/blended' finish look to it?...or a solid, even finish? If it's how the pic is, Cadillac on the looks...

Reason I ask...is that pic of the current year models? I don't know anything about the Jotuls.

My Stove in a fireplace

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Here's my Country Stove (Lennox) insert. Been in for 6 years or so and we really like it. No catalyst but uses secondary burn tubes in the firebox. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446514388.685777.jpg

Steve

Lincoln SA200 (1966 Redface)
Lincoln IdealArc 250

Latest posts

Back