Show off new toy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StIhL MaGnUm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello fellas ,

Just thought i would stop by and show off some picsof my new skidder we are taking delivery of this week..

07 648H series , dual arch 127" grapple , heavy duty blade , 30.5 tires , CD player , A/C , hydraulic reversible fan , direct drive trans with memory bump shift , 4 lights front 4 lights rear all caged in on new H series...

Cant wait to get in it and run it now , a lil step up from the 548GIII Im running now...gonna have to thank my boss for this one :) Time to increase production

Later Rob

well hope you like the pics , I know I do...had to go to dealer yesterday , could'nt wait any longer to check my new toy out..so brought my cam with me..figured you guys might wanna see it...well have a good one guys and keep on logging...

Later Rob

I think I just saw that machine's brother at a local construction site. Probably from Nortrax too. Brand spanking new Deere with the grapple and everything.

Those are some nice looking wheels shold be able to move alot of wood with that in a day

Definetly a awesome machine..I should be yarding wood with it this week...I'm sure i'll snap some more pics :) Be nice to jam to my cd's while pulling wood , no more plain am/fm ..

Later Rob

that would just down right ruin a guy!!! can you say SPOILED!!!! i grow my beard out for the winter time go give the ice something to freeze to!!! a step up from a GIII, i only know of one person that has a machine that new around here....most everybody else is running the A,B,C,D's a G or two and the occasional GII(only know of 1 to be exact). whatever happened to running the older machines and having to work on them???? nice machine, i didn't know they were going to an H series. how many skidders does your boss have? how many hours on the 548? keeping it? my guess it that u cut alot of pine with harvesters?

Hello fellas ,

Just thought i would stop by and show off some picsof my new skidder we are taking delivery of this week..

07 648H series , dual arch 127" grapple , heavy duty blade , 30.5 tires , CD player , A/C , hydraulic reversible fan , direct drive trans with memory bump shift , 4 lights front 4 lights rear all caged in on new H series...

Cant wait to get in it and run it now , a lil step up from the 548GIII Im running now...gonna have to thank my boss for this one :) Time to increase production

Later Rob

looks like the dealer in springfield vermont.nice machine.try and run some liberals over with it for me.

Hey sIlogger ,

There are plenty of D,E,and all three of the G series up here more than u can shake a stick at.. Currently we are running a 360 TJ with single arch grapple , a 05' 460 TJ with dual arch , the 02' 548GIII single arch and now the new addition the 07' 648H

The 548 has 8200 hrs on it now , just did the service on it last week..it's a good machine , just not big enough for the production we are looking for.

Hornett22 ,

Nope , it's Nortrax in Pembroke , NH...The machine is getting delivered to the job tomorrow :) cant wait , I spent most of the afternoon today running the new to us Timbco 425D leveler cutting pine , hemlock and mixed hardwood..Now we have a timbco for each crew :)

Later Rob

what sort of #'s you moving in a day, that is alot of iron to be running, hate to pay that fuel bill.....and buy the tires, and..and...what sort of cutting machine u using? tracked?

what sort of #'s you moving in a day, that is alot of iron to be running, hate to pay that fuel bill.....and buy the tires, and..and...what sort of cutting machine u using? tracked?

rob...........

Hey sIlogger ,

There are plenty of D,E,and all three of the G series up here more than u can shake a stick at.. Currently we are running a 360 TJ with single arch grapple , a 05' 460 TJ with dual arch , the 02' 548GIII single arch and now the new addition the 07' 648H

The 548 has 8200 hrs on it now , just did the service on it last week..it's a good machine , just not big enough for the production we are looking for.

Hornett22 ,

Nope , it's Nortrax in Pembroke , NH...The machine is getting delivered to the job tomorrow :) cant wait , I spent most of the afternoon today running the new to us Timbco 425D leveler cutting pine , hemlock and mixed hardwood..Now we have a timbco for each crew :)

Later Rob

just wondered.looks like the same lot and building.enjoy that thing.

sI ,

Between both crews rough idea about 13-16 loads of round wood and chips each day . We have 4 skidders , 2 425 Timbcos , 2 23" whole tree chippers , 1 384 Prentice crane with slasher , 2 280 cranes one with slasher other mounted on truck for chipping and loading logs and 6 log trucks..

I would say we are doing somewhere around 50 loads a week , give or take depending on lots and weather conditions. Alot of pine I think we are doing around 8-10 mmbf per year in Pine logs alone .

We run 425 Timbcos on tracks one has a 22" quadco hot saw and the other that I run when need be has a 20" quadco hotsaw and 4way leveling cab .

That should give u somewhat of a idea on what we are running and doing in general for #'s..

I'll have some more pics of the 648H , got it today at lunch time only 2.4 hrs on it :) man this thing will pull some serious hitches of timber..

Later Rob

Awesome machines man, looks like you all move some timber, nice job and Thanks for the pics. :rock:

sweet rig

I'll admit it aint a binder, but its a hell of a lot better than a 72' 3444 with a 60 inch grapple.

2165 Jonsered

Back