sick day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubletodd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Home with a sick kid today, so the surf is up. thanks to grandpa tractor and jonsereds johnny for a great time on sunday. They gave me some good tips,got to check out an awesome heating system,and these guys have some cool equipment. They make cutting wood too easy but still fun.Also got to try out the big dolmar, have to say I was impressed.THanks also for the parts, my 038 is just about dialed in and it was good to hear it growl again.Kind of a funny story, I am new to the forum and had been yakking on line with these guys only to find out they are guys I know fairly well. It's great hanging out with guys who enjoy cutting wood and messing with saws. I am a salesman for a local auto and metals recycler, sounds like fun but most of the time I am strapped to a phone.Getting out in the woods is my excersize and my therapy and it's fun. If it's an addiction or desease I hope I never get cured. one last thought about saws. There's alot of talk on the forum on how much saw a person needs for what they do.if you just do it to save money probly any saw in the size range that has someone available to service it will do just fine,but speaking as someone who liked cutting wood even when i had crappy saws, and even more when i got a good saw,doing the research on this site and choosing a top of the line saw has turned cutting wood into something I can't wait to do. also learning to care for my saws properly is making it way more fun, safer, and less headachey

thanks again guys for the help

019 in pieces
038av
ms361
craftsman[letting my neighbor play with that toy]

Last edited:
Good post. That I figure is what this place is all about.:clap:

Home with a sick kid today, so the surf is up. thanks to grandpa tractor and jonsereds johnny for a great time on sunday. They gave me some good tips,got to check out an awesome heating system,and these guys have some cool equipment. They make cutting wood too easy but still fun.Also got to try out the big dolmar, have to say I was impressed.THanks also for the parts, my 038 is just about dialed in and it was good to hear it growl again.Kind of a funny story, I am new to the forum and had been yakking on line with these guys only to find out they are guys I know fairly well. It's great hanging out with guys who enjoy cutting wood and messing with saws. I am a salesman for a local auto and metals recycler, sounds like fun but most of the time I am strapped to a phone.Getting out in the woods is my excersize and my therapy and it's fun. If it's an addiction or desease I hope I never get cured. one last thought about saws. There's alot of talk on the forum on how much saw a person needs for what they do.if you just do it to save money probly any saw in the size range that has someone available to service it will do just fine,but speaking as someone who liked cutting wood even when i had crappy saws, and even more when i got a good saw,doing the research on this site and choosing a top of the line saw has turned cutting wood into something I can't wait to do. also learning to care for my saws properly is making it way more fun, safer, and less headachey

thanks again guys for the help

019 in pieces
038av
ms361
craftsman[letting my neighbor play with that toy]

Dude ya gotta hit the waves when they're blowin!

Sorry to hear your child is sick but make the best of it.

He's playing video games now, so i guess he will survive,but it is his birthday,he's 7 today.I guess we'll just chill and watch the smoke roll out of the chimney. was -6 this morning, willit ever warm up?

He's playing video games now, so i guess he will survive,but it is his birthday,he's 7 today.I guess we'll just chill and watch the smoke roll out of the chimney. was -6 this morning, willit ever warm up?

I see you're in Wisconsin. My wife used to live in the north woods many years ago and actually she and her previous husband (he died of cancer) owned "The Greenleaf Shop" up there if you may have heard of it.

We went to Chicago a couple of years back for a manufacturing trade show (IMTS). After a couple of days she wanted us to go up in to Wisconsin overnight before we drove back down here to NC. We ended up staying at the Interlocken Resort near Lake Geneva. One of the best times I've ever had in the finest part of the country I've ever been.

The only problem I see now, I heard that Bret is going to RETIRE! :cry:

bret

yeah I changed into my black pajama's after I heard that one. He will be missed if he actually does retire this time, a class act! I have not been to the lake geneva area, I am quite a bit farther north in rice lake.beautiful country and nice woods but it sure gets cold up here!

I spent some time in your state but that was many years ago.I was in the army[82nd airborne,ft.bragg n.c.]pretty country, had some interesting adventures in fayetteville[oh to be young again] well maybe not

yeah I changed into my black pajama's after I heard that one. He will be missed if he actually does retire this time, a class act! I have not been to the lake geneva area, I am quite a bit farther north in rice lake.beautiful country and nice woods but it sure gets cold up here!

lol We left Chicago in the afternoon with shorts and a t-shirt and about and hour and a half later we had to stop at Manitowoc Marina to get a sweat shirt. It was COLD up there, and only late August!

Its amazing to see the change in scenery immediately after you cross over from Illinois. Wow.:jawdrop:

I spent some time in your state but that was many years ago.I was in the army[82nd airborne,ft.bragg n.c.]pretty country, had some interesting adventures in fayetteville[oh to be young again] well maybe not

Oh yes, NC is a beautiful state as well. I live in the western NC mountains, and really wouldn't want to leave. The summers and winters are both mild for the most part.

I guess thats why they call it gods country. I made that road trip to n.c a couple of times, what a trip, especially driving a vw bug through the mountains.i remember a place we swam in n.c. that had 200ft diving cliffs.

I guess thats why they call it gods country. I made that road trip to n.c a couple of times, what a trip, especially driving a vw bug through the mountains.i remember a place we swam in n.c. that had 200ft diving cliffs.

Yep, that's why God made the sky Carolina Blue. :cheers:

Up in Wisconsin, I think its the people loving the state so much that makes it such a wonderful place to be.

Back