Silly people make me giggle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuzzy

Trail Gnome
Reaction score
This was just posted today by a guy on one of my wheeling forums, but it's too good not to share!!

"I want that log !!!" " yes my trailer will hold it "

is what the owner of this truck stated

so I watched and waited then got PIC'S

2RLB016.jpg

2RLB017.jpg

2RLB018.jpg

2RLB019.jpg

2RLB020.jpg

2RLB021.jpg

2RLB022.jpg

2RLB023.jpg

That's a log. That's a big log. That's a big, heavy log.

Okay, for you guys that have dealt with logs of that size - what is the approximate weight of that log?

.... and is that a bent frame on that truck or is it just the box that is nfg?

Those are some great pics (except for the guy with the truck). Thanks for posting those up!

:cheers:

Thats a big bent frame right there! Looked like a nice truck too. :dizzy:

I wonder why they didn't center it more over the trailers axles. That's a whole lotta tongue weight!

Last edited:
That's a log. That's a big log. That's a big, heavy log.

Okay, for you guys that have dealt with logs of that size - what is the approximate weight of that log?

Those are some great pics (except for the guy with the truck). Thanks for posting those up!

I'm gonna guess in the neighborhood of 5K

What a monster!! I'm wonderin' what that beast weighs too. Man...that thing's huge:jawdrop:

If you figure it at 10' by 36" that's right around 70 cubic feet. Most species of Oak weight in a 63-65# per cubic foot. Say it's 70 cubic feet X 63, that would put it at 4410#. 5K is a good guess. I know I would be trying to block something that big in about 2.5 - 3 pieces. I'd want to be right on top of something that big with a crane.

*Correction: 10'X36" is around 90 cubic feet so your looking more in the neighborhood of 6K

Last edited:
Looking at the knotty section, that is going to make it weigh more so it could very well weigh more than 6K. I'd love to get it on the crane scales and see what it goes. I know it's way to big to mess with in one piece doing any kind of rigging without a crane.

Latest posts

Back