Silly people make me giggle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering why no one not even the loader operator didn't say anything like are you sure
are your really!!sure
If this 930 f is squatting what do you think it weights :monkey:

how the hell do you explain that to your insurance company ?

The Chevy will be fine, the hydro-formed frames on 99 up Chevy's have a lot of flex. Put one on a hoist does the same thing. Freaked us out for awhile at the dealership when they first came out. Now the springs, thats another story.

The Chevy will be fine, the hydro-formed frames on 99 up Chevy's have a lot of flex. Put one on a hoist does the same thing. Freaked us out for awhile at the dealership when they first came out. Now the springs, thats another story.

thats a reason not to buy a chevy in my eyes :monkey:

That trailer should be 10,000#gvw, or there abouts, and I'll wager that stumplog is going closer to 8-10K#.

They probablydidn't center the wood because of the fenders, the forks would have crushed them.

At least the guy had plenty of tongue weight, and if he's married he'll get plenty of tongue wagged at him too until death they do part, that would be worse than dealing with the insurance company.

Last edited:
Technicnally, the trailer did hold the log. Unfortunately, someone forgot to factor in the capabilities of the truck.

That trailer should be 10,000#gvw, or there abouts, and I'll wager that stumplog is going closer to 8-10K#.

They probablydidn't center the wood because of the fenders, the forks would have crushed them.

At least the guy had plenty of tongue weight, and if he's married he'll get plenty of tongue wagged at him too until death they do part, that would be worse than dealing with the insurance company.

That trailer has two 3500#lb. axles.

Ok Nuzzy, you can admit, it was your truck. :greenchainsaw::cry:

Nope,

The Nuzzmobile is a Ton Dually Dodge, with some angry demons trapped in the Cummins.

Last big load of Elm, his trailer tires were looking like Zits just before they pop, and I don't think his rear springs even noticed.

LOL!!!

I have had 8,000lbs of Berries on a 4,000lb trailer, behind my wifes old 93' F-150 and the frame was flexing like mad, but not THAT bad. LOL!!!
I had the forethought to put the majority of the weight BEHIND the axles.

I wonder how much damage was done to he rear frame from the Wimpy POS stock reciever hitch.

This ones better than the Yugo with the Plywood on top.LOL!!

Rep-O-Rama for this one Nuzz!!

CLASSIC!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Man that is just crazy. That is why there are just some people that shouldnt be allowed to use trailers, they can really bit off more than they can chew.

You guys are looking at that all wrong. That just goes to prove just how strong the hitches that bolt on really are. Its still on the truck eh! You would have thought a calculator would have been a real handy tool before that was loaded. All those guys and no one could see the light there. At least they should have cut it in 2 and loaded one behind the axle. Still would have been too much most likely.

I'll bet while he was sawing "Ouch" or some such thing. Someone else was saying quietly " Stupid hurts ".

Nuzzy did you happen to notice if he slipped the loader operator a $20 before it went on? That would be funny, if he paid to have his truck molested by the giant log and still didn't get home with it.

2 1/2 to 3 1/2 tons wouldnt have been an issue for the trailer and the PU but it was heavy enough to bottom out the suspension on the PU and the suspension on both axles of that trailer It had to be over 6 tons.

I would conservatively put the weight of that green log to be roughly 15,000 pounds.

Last edited:
Thats a big bent frame right there! Looked like a nice truck too. :dizzy:

I wonder why they didn't center it more over the trailers axles. That's a whole lotta tongue weight!

egggsactly what I thought . move it back, more centered over the tandem axle.I would have watched it being lowered and B$ my bumper hit the ground I would have yelled STOP... but thats me
MD

[/I]

Thats a big bent frame right there! Looked like a nice truck too. :dizzy:

I wonder why they didn't center it more over the trailers axles. That's a whole lotta tongue weight!

egggsactly what I thought . move it back, more centered over the tandem axle.I would have watched it being lowered and B4 my bumper hit the ground I would have yelled STOP... but thats me
MD

[/I]

I have a tandem axle trailer that I haul firewood with I load 4000 + lbs of oak and haul it with my 1/2 ton chevy all the time with NO problem !
that log must be insanely heavy to have that reaction .
md

Back