Single ring stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50blues

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So I picked up this saw the other day. It's an 1121 series saw so either an 024, 026. The thing that has me suprised is it is a single ring saw.

It says made in west germany on the starter cover, but the tag on the top is gone. I haven't had time to pull the jug or measure the bore yet.

I have a 026 ipl, but dont for a 024. The 026 does not list a single ring saw. Does the 024? and is it common?

I put up a few pictures but my camera sucks, sorry.View attachment 254316View attachment 254317

Last edited:
So I picked up this saw the other day. It's an 1121 series saw so either an 024, 026. The thing that has me suprised is it is a single ring saw.

It says made in west germany on the starter cover, but the tag on the top is gone. I haven't had time to pull the jug or measure the bore yet.

I have a 026 ipl, but dont for a 024. The 026 does not list a single ring saw. Does the 024? and is it common?

I put up a few pictures but my camera sucks, sorry.View attachment 254316View attachment 254317
Gotta be a 024.

A single ring piston will always be better than a two ring one, and it is best to leave the bottom ring out when putting the two ring pistons into the cylinder. The second ring is just in the way anyway - and just create some added friction, for no good reason!

A single ring piston will always be better than a two ring one, and it is best to leave the bottom ring out when putting the two ring pistons into the cylinder. The second ring is just in the way anyway - and just create some added friction, for no good reason!

And you've kept this info from the major saw manufacturers???

Why oh why??? ;-))

I looked at the top of the cylinder and it is flat. So 024 for sure. I have just never seen a single ring one before. Its a really clean saw, no marks on cylinder or piston at all. Looks like it got a little close to a tree. Handle is broke, along with filter cover and filter.

Thanks for all the info. It is a german made saw not u.s. does that make a difference?

Should make a nice little saw.

Latest posts

Back