Slow delivery from China to Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old2stroke

Never too many toys
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
How are you other hosers doing with delivery from China? I have only purchased a few items, but the delivery time has been about 8 weeks. Our brothers to the south seem to get things in a couple of weeks, so where are things getting held up in Canada? There is no tracking with standard surface shipping, so that's no help. I'm guessing everything gets shipped across the pond in containers to the port of Vancouver where it gets turned over to Canada Post for delivery and that's where things get stalled. Maybe slow trip through customs? If you guys on the west coast are receiving items faster, then it must just be a REAL slow trip across Canada to the Nation's Capital. 8 weeks is insulting.

About a week to a week and a half to Indiana. It's not real consistent though. I ordered a cylinder and a sprocket from China a week ago or so and received the cylinder three days ago, already installed it and am still waiting on the sprocket.

where did you order and from who? ebay? hutzl? if you go directly to hutzls website things are even cheaper then ebay and only take a week to get. it has to be something to do with that POS ebay. sick of that site.

Canadian Customs is the culprit. I have had things in two weeks and other times up to 8 weeks. The items that took 8 weeks had been opened by Canada Customs and riffled through, then taped back up and sent on to me.

Know exactly how you feel, I've bought some small minor stuff (including tools, chainsaw parts like dogs/covers etc) from AliExpress and Ebay, and here in NZ I wait up to 12 weeks. Yet the ads always say I'll get it in like a month tops. Think the earliest I got stuff was a set of dogs which I got 8 weeks after ordering.

Its really annoying, I get the emails saying the items have been shipped usually within 2 days.

Yet if I buy a lousy $2 phone cover, I get it within 2 weeks. Whats the difference??

So if I get a saw that needs a few cosmetic bits and pieces etc I just leave it in the shed untouched until things arrive, otherwise very frustrating waiting.

I bought a chainbreak actuator from Hutzl for an 046 on Oct 20 with promise of delivery by Dec 12, but nothing yet even though I paid for shipping.
Was getting concerned so I went to the original auction and delivery date has been updated to Feb 3.
No way to contact seller, just some generic answers. Thats like waiting a whole season for an item.
I didn't hear about a boat sinking on its way to Vancouver. Lol

I'm a cheap arse, so I order stuff from ebay.. I ordered some carb screwdrivers about 2 months ago, along with some stuff from other vendors at the same time... some if it was here in 2 weeks, the screwdrivers just got here!

Probably not a good idea to order anything even a couple of months before Christmas from the Chinese. If you don't need the item real fast, like most of my stuff, then it's okay. I finally received a piston/cylinder and a handlebar after I had already been reimbursed for an item not received. I went ahead and paid them their money back since the item was shipped right after I ordered. I think my item was lost in the mail in the US for about six weeks then they must have magically found it while cleaning out their truck..

Probably not a good idea to order anything even a couple of months before Christmas from the Chinese. If you don't need the item real fast, like most of my stuff, then it's okay. I finally received a piston/cylinder and a handlebar after I had already been reimbursed for an item not received. I went ahead and paid them their money back since the item was shipped right after I ordered. I think my item was lost in the mail in the US for about six weeks then they must have magically found it while cleaning out their truck..
Ya, I was thinking about requesting a refund, but Im sure the part will eventually arrive, so I'll sit tight.
I sent an envelope to Monoco in Aug and it just arrived last week.

My sister who lives in Maine mailed a box to me on Dec 3rd. I just checked the tracking, expected Dec 23. That was the "7 day" shipping.

My mom mailed a box on the 9th. "3 day" shipping. Not here yet either, day # 9. I've never seen it come as fast a "3 day", usually a week at best.

They must mean it's 3 day if you mail it to an address down the street.

I deal with ebay and the china post a great deal if someone's in a hurry oem if they don't mind waiting 8 weeks sometimes.then it's china. I've noticed more sellers us based selling china parts with a much faster delivery date you just have to search them out and pay a few bucks more.

Usually 2-3 weeks for anything from China to me in Eastern Canada. 1.5-2 weeks usually for anything from the US.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

That's nothing!
I once sent an MSN "Instant Message" to a my girlfriend saying I was going to be coming over with my friend and his girlfriend.. This was right around the beginning of August... She got the message about half an hour before thanksgiving dinner!.. She was like "WTF is he doing bringing them along to my parents dinner party without even giving me a heads up"... Yeah, I took a little crap that day until we got it figured out, and then had a good laugh

I deal with ebay and the china post a great deal if someone's in a hurry oem if they don't mind waiting 8 weeks sometimes.then it's china. I've noticed more sellers us based selling china parts with a much faster delivery date you just have to search them out and pay a few bucks more.
Sometimes the prices are very similar. Recently bought a 660 cylinder and it was priced close to the China price and arrived the same week. Problem is the US vendors don't carry as much merchandise yet..

How are you other hosers doing with delivery from China? I have only purchased a few items, but the delivery time has been about 8 weeks. Our brothers to the south seem to get things in a couple of weeks, so where are things getting held up in Canada? There is no tracking with standard surface shipping, so that's no help. I'm guessing everything gets shipped across the pond in containers to the port of Vancouver where it gets turned over to Canada Post for delivery and that's where things get stalled. Maybe slow trip through customs? If you guys on the west coast are receiving items faster, then it must just be a REAL slow trip across Canada to the Nation's Capital. 8 weeks is insulting.
Seems I remember an old B&W film with song about "a slow boat from China"

I think you'll find it's Canada Customs. Post from China that is free takes longer to get to me in France than items that I pay a postal charge on. But a couple of items I've sold & posted to Canada have been delayed by being stuck in Customs

Latest posts

Back