Smart Stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centennial60

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
SmartStove - Products

I saw this product mentioned in a different thread a couple days ago and was wondering if anyone was using this or has tried it. It looks like a neat deal. It would control your stove similar to the kumma but with more options.

SmartStove - Products

I saw this product mentioned in a different thread a couple days ago and was wondering if anyone was using this or has tried it. It looks like a neat deal. It would control your stove similar to the kumma but with more options.

Not used this particular product but we are working on a similar thing that will kick things up a little.

It is very new and that thread (I linked it) is ongoing. I will keep an eye on it.

Thats good news Fyrebug. But its going to make me want to buy a new furnace! Probably not going to happen though. Will this be added on to your current models or are they redesigning the furnaces too?

Thats good news Fyrebug. But its going to make me want to buy a new furnace! Probably not going to happen though. Will this be added on to your current models or are they redesigning the furnaces too?

This is an item for controlling wood stoves. Purpose is to automatically control the fire rate, damper, blower and maximize burn time and efficiencies. We're working on a app for it too!

Furnaces already have all the electronic control required.

Electronics are Great until the power goes out, or a surge, static shock, over heat, fries the circuits.
I prefer the KISS principal, although a simple timer that trips a one shot power burst to a solenoid to kick open the damper say after 6 hours on my stove would be useful. Solenoid must not stay energized though. Musing on this, says this can be accomplished in a purely mechanical fashion no electrical power needed. Another to do list item.
Rube Goldberg is my mentor!

OK Fyrebug, I'll bite. Let's say that theoretically a guy was going to go plop down about a thousand hard earned dollars on a new HT-2000 next week. Is your new "autoheat" toy going to be an add on to existing stoves, or just built into a new model?

Like the other guys mentioned, manual override is a necessity, not a want, and I question the feasibilty of this on the units the OP is talking about, looks like a mess of added on linkages and stuff.

Automatic is good, but simple and works without electricity are why I'm sticking with a stove are big reasons why I'm sticking with a stove instead of a full blown furnace install.

This is an item for controlling wood stoves. Purpose is to automatically control the fire rate, damper, blower and maximize burn time and efficiencies. We're working on a app for it too!

Furnaces already have all the electronic control required.

Kind of sounds like a Kuuma Vapor-Fire minus the app :)

OK Fyrebug, I'll bite. Let's say that theoretically a guy was going to go plop down about a thousand hard earned dollars on a new HT-2000 next week. Is your new "autoheat" toy going to be an add on to existing stoves, or just built into a new model?

Like the other guys mentioned, manual override is a necessity, not a want, and I question the feasibilty of this on the units the OP is talking about, looks like a mess of added on linkages and stuff.

Automatic is good, but simple and works without electricity are why I'm sticking with a stove are big reasons why I'm sticking with a stove instead of a full blown furnace install.

It's an add-on that will fit most wood stoves. You can go manual whenever you want to. If the batteries re-charge with the heat of the stove it's not an issue right?

Keep in mind wood burning is a technology that is thousands of years old. The only dramatic change occurred 30 years ago when secondary combustion & catalytic combustors became popular.

But what if you could measure & control all aspect of combustion? Oxygen, CO2, heat output, burn time, flue temps etc... It means you can squeeze out each BTU for maximum efficiency for the entire length of the burn cycle. You could input what kind of burn you want " Long overnight, maximum heat, in-between etc...". You could go away, cram the stove with wood and not have to worry about dampering down since the electronics take care of everything.

Where's information in this ? Link no worky ?what is it and why do I need it lol

Hopefully they iron out the kinks with it before demoing on the actual consumer like the Tundra :(

Back