Snakes are OUT !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
In force in SW PA. Well not the past 2 40 something degree days, but, bunches over the weekend. Cat brought 3 different ones to the porch. AND, I'm not quite finished putting all my wood up. 8 yr old, 12 yr old, 15 yr old in every activity imaginable leaves little time for my work. Plus, to me, a 6" garter snake may as well be a menacing pit viper in my book.

I got my first one on Sunday. Me 1, snakes 0. Monster 18" garter snake with fangs from hell spitting highly poisonous venom! I discovered him with my leaf blower and conveniently blew it about 50' to my nearest shovel where I made 1 snake into 2 or maybe 10.

I've always liked snakes. Had several as 'pets' years ago. 'course we don't get the poisonous ones around here.
Spiders are a whole different story, though. Those walnut-sized hairy ones that live around the docks and boathouses give me the willies.

I don't hurt wild critters unless there is a legitimate over riding need/emergency.

I don't get the willies from any animals really, proly why I like working with them, and being in and around the woods.

if I ever build me a time machine, I would like to go back to the Pleistocene just to have a menagerie of megafauna.

All the snake huggers, don't get your shorts in a wad......BUT I execute ALL poisonous snakes on my property. When I work outside, I carry a .38 derringer loaded with rat shot just for them.

I have copperheads and canebreaks here and they would kill me if I was bitten.

I don't kill them because I enjoy it. I kill them because they make me scream like a little girl and anything that has that capability must be eradicated.

If you kill them, they go get 72 virgin snakes. If you catch and release them, they crawl back to the lair feeling violated, impotent and emasculated.

Menagerie of megafauna! Love it!!
I lived in Louisiana for a year and had a backyard full of the nasty ones. Didn't care much for them until I learned how to cook 'em. The little bug-eaters where I live now get a pass.

so far this year just a hognose and several ratsnakes(all lived). I do carry either my Judge or Bond Arms snakeslayer when im in the woods.

as a side note ,in Georgia it is against the law to kill non-venomous snakes. so all non-venomous ones I see live on( at least in some form.)

Back