• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Snap On Comp Tester

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on otc from amazon. I'm a mechanic by trade and use it nearly daily along with using it in my spare time on saws. I've compared it to my coworkers expensive snap on gauges that they paid waaayyy more for and it's dead nuts with they're gauges.

Got my Snap-On at a local pawn shop for $35, it had been buried on a shelf for over a year. I use my $30 Actron much more often.

+1 on otc from amazon. I'm a mechanic by trade and use it nearly daily along with using it in my spare time on saws. I've compared it to my coworkers expensive snap on gauges that they paid waaayyy more for and it's dead nuts with they're gauges.

that might be because snap-on is just a rebranded OTC :D :laugh: :givebeer:

Snap-on doesn't make anything and hasn't for a long time. I have a snap on 240 amp mig welder which is century welder with a snap on sticker and probably cost a mortgage payment when it was new. Matco, Mac, or any other truck brands don't make anything either. Mac air tools are rebranded husky pneumatic tools at 4x the price. People pay a lot for paint and stickers. My dad used to buy implement wheels at farm auctions. He would take them home and paint them John Deere yellow. He would then take them back to the next sale and triple his investment.....

Sorry to derail....

You are partially right, stanly owns Mac so that's where there's come from, don't know anything about Matco, those are few and far between in my parts. Snap-On still makes the majority of their own tools and toolbox beside some specialty stuff like your welder and such is out sourced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are partially right, stanly owns Mac so that's where there's come from, don't know anything about Matco, those are few and far between in my parts. Snap-On still makes the majority of their own tools and toolbox beside some specialty stuff like your welder and such is out sourced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't know that Snap On still made some tools. I have older wrench and ratchet sets of theirs and they are quality. But at the price I can't tell any difference between them and the Kobalt sets that I bought at lowes..... Their tool boxes are nice, but not 4 661's nice (and that is used....) Air tools I stick with Ingersoll or Aircat. They are pricey, but I know that they made them and I have yet to have any problems.

Stanley B&D is good stuff, but they are also the kings of marketing. I have 3 of the same tape measure. One says stanley, one says bostitch, and the other dewalt. The difference in price was $12 to $35......

i got one from autozone, actron i think is the name. have had it for 4 years and it has done great

Back