So... Guess what is in the box?????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone can quit guessing now. I heard from a friend who heard from a cousin who read it on the internet from a shady source that the following item may have been accidentally shipped into the US from somewhere in Europe...

back-to-the-future-flux-capacitor-replica-3.jpg

Yes thats right, a flux capacitor.

"Great Scott!!!!!!!!"

Either that or a prototype Husqvarna saw. I know one of Bill's collector friends is a retired engineer from Husqvarna.
I've traded parts with the same guy and he sent me a prototype cylinder from when they were developing the
372XPW.

It is not a prototype nor Husqvarna. I really have not found many Husqvarna saws.

Bill

I'm not sure it is such a good idea to call him that, even if he is torturing us.

Whatever is in the box must be expensive! I have seen a couple of Ebay listings of his lately. Maybe he's selling stuff to fund that box?

I agree Ckelp chose to use foul language and insult me in a thread that was started in fun. I wonder if he has ever ran into problems at home that were way more important then getting a picture a saw

Well now after some personal issues over the weekend I have gotten to getting some pics posted. It is not a saw you see everyday in my area.

Bill

That was well worth the wait! great saw! little disappointed it wasnt a turbo encabulator or a flux capacitor...but all in all still a good piece! Great buy Bill!

Ahh Bill, you never disappoint! That bar is real interesting. Hope to see more pics and hope your family situation turns out for the best.

:cheers:

Nice saw !!! And look no plastic , They really knew how to make things back then :drool:
l3lue :blob2:

Congrats, Bill. Can't wait for Baraboo this year and I'll make sure I meet the Mrs. this time!

Just watch for the young lady with the whip. She has to keep her old man in line and not fill the truck up with saws for the trip back to ill.
On a side note the place for the let show here at darlington is changing. Due to unforseen issues with the club it will be moveing east by 12 miles. New club and new show. So hopefully Bill maybe up for another great ventury north of the boarder again this yr.
Bob

Heck no its not one you see everyday! I got to see one in person for the first time at Wayne Suttons.

Glad you got it Bill. Would like to see it running someday.

Mark,

Just waiting for some of you eastern guys to host a GTG. I hope to get her cutting at a GTG east of the Mississippi. I have to stay out of the west bank.

Bill

Ahh Bill, you never disappoint! That bar is real interesting. Hope to see more pics and hope your family situation turns out for the best.

:cheers:

I do like the old roller noses and normally put them on other saws but this one will remain just where it is.:smile2:

Just watch for the young lady with the whip. She has to keep her old man in line and not fill the truck up with saws for the trip back to ill.
On a side note the place for the let show here at darlington is changing. Due to unforseen issues with the club it will be moveing east by 12 miles. New club and new show. So hopefully Bill maybe up for another great ventury north of the boarder again this yr.
Bob

Bob,

What is the issue with the Darlington show? I should be able to make it on one of the two days depending on which day our football game is. . The real kick in the pants is going to be Baraboo. I will have a boys playing football on the Friday night of Baraboo until 2021:msp_scared:

Bill

I've never noticed in looking at pictures and articles, but the "dogs" on that saw are on the top side of the bar. Is it designed to cut up? Even though the pricks point up for down cutting. With the top of the bar? Maybe I just cant see the dogs below the belt. Forgive me if I'm ignorant to the issue. I'm a growing fan trying to learn. It looks like one of those comet diesel's XA???, same 1949 era ish? Awesome find though. Jealousy is of course raging.

Last edited:
Back