so .... what would happen????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
If I tie a boiler that heates water to 220 pressurized into my boiler that runs at 180 open with a 100 plate exchanger what will happen???
212 boils so I think that the loss that will occure with the plate exchanger and pipes and the mass of cooler water in the open boiler will result in a temp of around 190 in the open boilers tank.
?????

Why would you do that? I have an idea but..... It would lose alot of water fast, im sure it would be very close to boiling at the OWB..... just thoughts.

(turn the aquastat down on your gas boiler.)

Why would the other boiler be running at all if it is getting heat from your OWB? As MS310 said you should be able to dial your in house boiler down to 190 or 200.

My pressurized system in my house is set for 180 I believe

If I tie a boiler that heates water to 220 pressurized into my boiler that runs at 180 open with a 100 plate exchanger what will happen???
212 boils so I think that the loss that will occure with the plate exchanger and pipes and the mass of cooler water in the open boiler will result in a temp of around 190 in the open boilers tank.
?????

I do not understand why you would want to piggy-back the pressurized boiler into the non-pressurized system with a Hx. You can certailly do it, but it would seem far more efficient to run the pressure system right to the heat sink and put the Hx there instead. In other words, remove the low pressure boiler and run PEX into the Hx to get the heat from the pressurized system directly. Or just have an open pressure stainless steel water tank with the Hx in it. No need for the 2nd low temp open system boiler in the configuration.

i agree with windthrown. my two systems are tied together. the aquastat on the indoor boiler i set at 120 degrees just to prevent any possible freezing and the well water supply is isolated. i installed a valve that works off my indoor pump control. the outdoor boiler bypasses the indoor system until the indoor thermostat tells the indoor boiler pump to kick on, at that point the valve opens and allows the outdoor boiler water to run into the system and become one.

I am looking at a waste oil burner that runs at 220 but I am sure I could turn it down to 180.
I would install this waste oil burner into a small out building beside my OWB so I can get to the lines easy and keep all the waste oil mess outside .

Back