Solar kiln ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve2910

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Walking past a stack of bundles a few weeks ago in front of the 7-11... I stopped to see what people are paying $5 for... The company that produces the wood claims that it is dried in a "solar kiln". I remember seeing something on here before about building a tent out of clear poly that was supposed to speed up the seasoning of stacked firewood, but... does this work? Any thoughts/ opinions/ theories would be appreciated. I have a good system for getting my wood ready for the stove, but always looking for the
'better mouse trap"

me and my uncle had thought about doing this here.. he has a full skid of solar glass panels left over from an addition to his solar room..(it didn't work out so well) neither did his solar water heater..
but i see a promising use for it... i also have a 28x48 temporary barn pipe and tarp type.i thought about covering it in solar glass to the south side and use galvanized metal on the back side and ends..this would hold a lot of wood..

Back