Solo 651 SP oil leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I can’t get this saw to quit leaking oil. It’s leaking oil from behind the oiler. I installed a new oiler hose and it’s still leaking. Any ideas?
ff1be97d4812089bdca74e45fdc12a87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks just like the crappy oiler setup in my "Craftsman" made by MTD. I already replaced my original pump with 2 others and all 3 of them leaked like crazy! Only the original did not leak from the get go, it started after about 3 hours cutting time, & the 2 replacements leaked right out of the packaging as soon as installed. All I can say is cheap made chinese parts using inferior materials. HOWEVER, my last one appeared to be leaking from where the oil feed hose went onto the pump itself. I used a short piece of rubber tubing jammed onto the pump outlet then put the end of the oil line over that & my problem seems to be solved.

Looks just like the crappy oiler setup in my "Craftsman" made by MTD. I already replaced my original pump with 2 others and all 3 of them leaked like crazy! Only the original did not leak from the get go, it started after about 3 hours cutting time, & the 2 replacements leaked right out of the packaging as soon as installed. All I can say is cheap made chinese parts using inferior materials. HOWEVER, my last one appeared to be leaking from where the oil feed hose went onto the pump itself. I used a short piece of rubber tubing jammed onto the pump outlet then put the end of the oil line over that & my problem seems to be solved.

I let the saw sit 24 hours and there was only a half dollar sized puddle under it, i can live with that. Before I replaced the oil hose, it would be empty the tank in two days. I wouldn’t expect this from a German made saw but it’s about 30 years old, so if it leaks a little oil, I guess I can’t complain. I love the saw otherwise.

I let the saw sit 24 hours and there was only a half dollar sized puddle under it, i can live with that. Before I replaced the oil hose, it would be empty the tank in two days. I wouldn’t expect this from a German made saw but it’s about 30 years old, so if it leaks a little oil, I guess I can’t complain. I love the saw otherwise.

Be concerned more when it does not oil sufficiently ! ;)

Latest posts

Back