Solo Tree care

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blatant TROLLING !

You're caught, buddy!! There's nobody out there who does tree work solo! That's cr\azy TAWK. You're just trying to stir up controversy, you, you Rabble-rouser. You just want to see Mike Maas' undies in a bunch.

Climbing alone is dnagerous and should not be practiced. I formally denounce the idea of climbing alone. Bad practice. Against industry standards. Unconventional. Downright controversial.

It seems practically impossible for a solo operator to make it in this tree care industry. The man who works alone in this industry will starve.

If you climb and work alone, you are a black sheep, an outsider, a rebel. You're a cowboy.

Solo man, like a drifter, a Tree Gypsy. Goin it alone. It's tragic. It's pithetic, I tell you. Pith pith, pithhh PITHETIC.

Lonely loser Mr Do-it All himself tough guy. Shurrrr. Right. LooOOpie.....

It cracks me up to think of a guy trying to go it alone in this industry. Har Har Har!

Too funny, just toooo funny.

The idiot who would work alone......

Disgusting !

spit !

jw2.jpg

Yee-Haw

Last edited:
You should delete this thread. Working solo in this industry is so whack. It's shameful to even talk about such an outlandish concept.

This site is for treeguys, not maniacs.

I climb alone, yeah,
with nobody else
I climb alone, yeah,
with nobody else
You know when I climb alone,
I prefer to be by myself

Every morning just before breakfast,
I don't want no coffee or tea
Just me and good buddy Copenhagen,
that's all I ever need
'Cause I climb alone, yeah,
with nobody else
Yeah, you know when I climb alone,
I prefer to be by myself

The other night I laid sleeping,
and I woke from a terrible dream
So I caught up my pal Ascender,
and his partner Figure 8
And we climb alone, yeah,
with nobody else
I prefer to be by myself

The other day I got invited to a party,
but I stayed home instead
Just me and my pal Pin Oak,
and his brothers Black and Red
with nobody else
I prefer to be by myself

My whole family done give up on me,
and it makes me feel oh so bad
The only one who will hang out with me,
is my dear old chainsaw
with nobody else
I prefer to be by myself

And if you're lunatic enough to climb alone, and you've dropped both your scabbarded saw AND your folding saw, you deserve to have to finish with the chainsaw. Serves em right, those crazy solo cowboy tree doods.

MasterBlaster said:
But that's another trick to being a good tree dood. Don't get p'd off easily...
MB you hit the heart of the matter...self-control. If you cna't control yourself you can't control the work, the work controls you. ;)

I've had to call out to clients, neighbors, kids, dogwalkers to tie on a handsaw or more often untie a lowered limb. Awkward. Now I see the air of my waze and won't evah go the George Thorogood path---brothers pin and red, ha! nice one mike.

Tree Machine said:
You're caught, buddy!! There's nobody out there who does tree work solo! That's cr\azy TAWK. You're just trying to stir up controversy, you, you Rabble-rouser. You just want to see Mike Maas' undies in a bunch.

Climbing alone is dnagerous and should not be practiced. I formally denounce the idea of climbing alone. Bad practice. Against industry standards. Unconventional. Downright controversial.

It seems practically impossible for a solo operator to make it in this tree care industry. The man who works alone in this industry will starve.

If you climb and work alone, you are a black sheep, an outsider, a rebel. You're a cowboy.

Solo man, like a drifter, a Tree Gypsy. Goin it alone. It's tragic. It's pithetic, I tell you. Pith pith, pithhh PITHETIC.

Lonely loser Mr Do-it All himself tough guy. Shurrrr. Right. LooOOpie.....

It cracks me up to think of a guy trying to go it alone in this industry. Har Har Har!

Too funny, just toooo funny.

The idiot who would work alone......

Disgusting !

spit !

Did you get the new guy to delete his post with your blatant sarcasm you loner you? :)

I do solo tree work. For real. I work on my own, I have no employees. I don't climb at all unless I have to. When I do climb, I climb without gear and only use a small hand saw. I climb branch to branch. 99% of my work is done on the ground. I am considering renting a man-lift for an upcoming job, just to top the trees before I drop them, so they can't reach the house involved. Employees are too much hassle right now-- why would I want to go through all that paperwork? I am just getting started-- there isn't enough money in it yet to share with anyone else.

If you're silly enough to climb and work solo, you should feel lucky to chew through limbs with your teeth.

Why.... do you know how many disadvantages there are to climbing alone? You would miss out on privledges such as workman's comp insurance, payroll taxes, employee wages and such. If equipment goes down, or gets lost, there is no one to blame but yourself.

If you have no employees, OSHA has no reason to come pay you a social visit. How are you going to move the economy if you have no employees? If you don't have an employee, who the heck is going to feed the brush into the chipper? n Who's going to put fuel and oil in your chainsaws? Who's going to sharpen your chains?

I'm telling you, I really don't think solo work is possible in the Tree Care Industry. You would have to, like, do everything yourself. How the heck are you going to sharpen your leadership skill if you have no one to lead? Sheesh! And on top of that, the paycheck at the end of the day would be ALL YOURS!. How are you going to spread the wealth? Solo tree care is for the guy who wants to work alone- that's my viewpoint, and I'm stickin to it.

Back