Solved - MS200T Not Turning Off?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFOD

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just got my hands on a MS200T, claimed to be not running but a quick carb change and it runs perfectly fine, problem is that when I try to turn it off, nothing happens. I've clearly made a rookie mistake and linked up something incorrectly in the carb, just not sure what. I'm watching vids of other people's 200T carbs and they all seem to be linked up the same?

Attached a vid to try to show the issue, will take pics if needed.

Thanks

Just got my hands on a MS200T, claimed to be not running but a quick carb change and it runs perfectly fine, problem is that when I try to turn it off, nothing happens. I've clearly made a rookie mistake and linked up something incorrectly in the carb, just not sure what. I'm watching vids of other people's 200T carbs and they all seem to be linked up the same?

Attached a vid to try to show the issue, will take pics if needed.

Thanks

Ground wire came loose in the front of the top handle, some disassembly of the top handle will get you to the problem.

Have you checked the kill switch wire? Make sure it’s connected in the handle and on the ignition and trace the wire to make sure the metal wire hasn’t worn through and it’s not exposed touching metal somewhere.

Be very careful removing the handle cover(three screws), so them pesky links (four) don’t jump out. Take a picture for reference.
LOL yeah bit late for that, exactly what happened, pieces of plastic and linkages all over the kitchen. Found the issue now and got it back together, snapped ground cable.

LOL yeah bit late for that, exactly what happened, pieces of plastic and linkages all over the kitchen. Found the issue now and got it back together, snapped ground cable.
Been there, lol! I work on three of these, my buddy has a firewood business so he's tough on them. I keep one here at all times for my use. He has 1 and the third is a parts saw right now. Whenever his quits, we swap out mine for his and fix the broken one. I love these saws, it's what brought me here to ARBORISTSITE!

Back