Someone's trying to kill my trees?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyG

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
If you were trying to kill conifer type trees, what would you use? I've got a hunch that my neighbor is killing my trees, the previous owner had the same problem with this guy. The bottoms are turning brown about seven feet up, and now not only brown needles are falling...green ones are creating a carpet on the exposed side. This row extends across the back of my yard and across my inlaws right next door. Curiously, there's aren't suffering the same fate. Is there a way too have the soil or needles tested!

Tony

Yes you can take a soil test and send it in to a testing lab to determine what's in the soil,Try your county extension office.
But that won't prove that he is the one doing it.You will have to install a video camera and run it when you think he's out there going to do something or 24/7 tell he does.
Then you have something you can work with.

Also test the foliage/timber for chemicals. May have sprayed.

If it were a soil induced or injected poison you may find the top or the whole canopy dying around the same time. The fact that the base is going first might mean they sprayed the foliage.

Latest posts

Back