southeastern michigan (oakland co.) groundperson

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treechick

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am seeking work as a groundperson...Will e-mail resume to interested parties. 5 yrs. experience. Safe, smart, hard-working. Thanx.

Heyyy... I acquired a copy of this ("How To Be an Excellent Groundperson") from a co-worker and made 50 copies of it (my dime) and passed them out at the TCIA / ISA Expo in Detroit last fall. Well written; should be a "must" for all groundies. Thanx!

Here's the official electronic version, handbook.zip.

It contains several layouts for your viewing and printing pleasure (the DOC file is probably worthless, though). Print the evens.pdf file, then pick up the stack, flip it over, put the paper back into your printer and print the odds.pdf file. Fold it in two and there you go!

The original thread posting, with detailed instructions, is in http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=14578&page=2&pp=40

Glen

Last edited by a moderator:
got it, glens, and thanx a million >>> coulda saved $25 ... next time, huh? Treeman14 >>> am committed to this area 'til kids are outta school. 9 short years. yikes.

treechick said:
Heyyy... I acquired a copy of this ("How To Be an Excellent Groundperson") from a co-worker and made 50 copies of it (my dime) and passed them out at the TCIA / ISA Expo in Detroit last fall. Well written; should be a "must" for all groundies. Thanx!

I shoulda called it groundworker, I guess I ain't too pc. Wait, I see Glen fixed that. I need to do the same at my site.

I wish I could get a penny every time that was copied. Ha. I might have ten or twenty bucks by now. :p

if it's any consolation to ya, i was sure to give the credit where it was due, and ofcourse passed 'em out for free.... am only interested in 'elevating' the status of us groundfolk

MasterBlaster said:
I shoulda called it groundworker, I guess I ain't too pc. Wait, I see Glen fixed that. I need to do the same at my site.
I only "fixed" it on the cover page, and it was per your direction; remember?

I'll bet the tree chicks don't mind being called "groundsmen" so much. It's really not an indication the worker should be male; merely that they should be human. The terns human and mankind don't really denote only the male of the species.

Glen

glens said:
I only "fixed" it on the cover page, and it was per your direction; remember?
Glen

Glen, Butch is getting up there in years and they say that the memory is among the first things to go. :p

Hmmm, What were we talking about?

Back