SP125 muscle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Been

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Some American muscle in Wellington, New Zealand. What a great saw to find in the weekend. Have got a 2 minute video but it is too big to post -err. It is an A11 sp125. I would think that it has done some work in its time. The piston and bore look clean through the exhaust port. There is a slight detectable movement in the sprocket side main bearing. The piston has 1-2 mm of play a bottom dead centre (mainly turning it in the bore). It reads 110 psi on the compression gauge (other Macs I have manage to reach 130- 150 on the same gauge cold). All said, it fires up well, idles and eats wood as good as any of my Mac 850's. No obvious faults to hear when running- strong and loud. I am right in saying this is one of the the top American/world muscle saws?? Happy to hear comments on the condition etc

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") center top repeat-x rgb(240, 247, 252); border-radius: 5px;">

• IMG_2328.JPG
    File size:
    5.2 MB
    Views:

• IMG_2329.JPG
    File size:
    4.3 MB
    Views:

• IMG_2330.JPG
    File size:
    5.4 MB

Latest posts