• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Spare Stihl HOS grinder in great shape

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernurse

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score

I have 2 of these and only need 1. It works great. I will post pics and a video of it in action. Everything is tight. Cosmetically in nice shape too. $250 obro. I forgot to mention that it is obviously pre-89 because it says made in west germany. I was not attempting to demonstrate the proper way to sharpen a chain...just to show it works as it should. Yes I know my bench is a disaster too.:laugh:

Last edited:
Lost interest.....I am currently looking for an 088 or early ms 880 that aren't limited.

As long as I have been working on saws , not as long as others here that's for sure , I should know but I do not. How do you identify those that are not limited.

As long as I have been working on saws , not as long as others here that's for sure , I should know but I do not. How do you identify those that are not limited.
The 088 is not limited and the earlier 880's with the cast alum muffler don't have a limited carb or intake boot. The coil is limited on the early 880 but you can just use an 088 coil and have a fully unlimited saw. The 088 coil will not fit the new model 880 (stainless muff version) and it has a restricted carb and intake boot. Damn EPA.

The 088 is not limited and the earlier 880's with the cast alum muffler don't have a limited carb or intake boot. The coil is limited on the early 880 but you can just use an 088 coil and have a fully unlimited saw. The 088 coil will not fit the new model 880 (stainless muff version) and it has a restricted carb and intake boot. Damn EPA.
Thanks for the clarification! Much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back