Spark plug adapter for Pressure/Vacuum testing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My setup: Mity Vac, air tool fitting, Snap-on compression tester hose.

attachment.php

The sparkplug adapter you are using are like the ones I make and use, they will leak around the threads unless the compression ring is still on the plug, seat it tightly with a compression ring on it and it will seal properly.
Pioneerguy600
How do you knock the center out of the plug? I've smashed two plugs and still haven't been able to get the center out.

How do you knock the center out of the plug? I've smashed two plugs and still haven't been able to get the center out.
That ceramic part is actually held onto the metal base by a shoulder that is machine rolled into place against the ceramic center portion. It is very easy to grind off that rolled over portion with a cut off blade on a mini grinder or it can be ground off fairly easy on the corner of a bench grinder wheel, once ground off the center portion will just fall out of the metal base. I have made many of them, many members on here have one I made.

That ceramic part is actually held onto the metal base by a shoulder that is machine rolled into place against the ceramic center portion. It is very easy to grind off that rolled over portion with a cut off blade on a mini grinder or it can be ground off fairly easy on the corner of a bench grinder wheel, once ground off the center portion will just fall out of the metal base. I have made many of them, many members on here have one I made.
Perfect! It's out now. I've been beating on that thing for 40 minutes. Google didn't even help, so I guess you're smarter than google. :cool:

Perfect! It's out now. I've been beating on that thing for 40 minutes. Google didn't even help, so I guess you're smarter than google. :cool:

More experience, been around much longer than Google....LOL
Been wrenching since 62, about time for me to stop....LOL

Latest posts

Back