Spark Plugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just use whatever Bosch, ngk, champion etc I pull from a customer saw. They get a new one anyhow, and I don't care.

I just use whatever Bosch, ngk, champion etc I pull from a customer saw. They get a new one anyhow, and I don't care.

Now that's old world. Used to be that auto mechanics would pull plugs and re-use them in their own cars. Now plugs in cars last for upward of 100,000 miles.

Sorry,wouldnt put a champion in nothing,just NGK,its not a thing about "Husky or Stihl",it just that NGK are best.

The only reason I am asking is because my local auto parts store is having a ''deal'' next week on NGK. I have never used them. All my equipment uses Champion. Actually I use them in everything. So, I'm wanting to hear your feedback to who uses them.

I use NGK BPMR7A in all my pro type saws (not sure what the older saws that I own are running?) but would have no problem at all using the equivalent Bosch. Have heard of the odd issues with Champion but I believe this was a bad batch a while back.

NGK !!

We used to have all kinds of problems with champion in sleds,.. :dizzy: I just dont trust them at all.

As far as cars going 100,000 miles with plugs, yes you can, but,.. you might have to pull the head to get them out :dizzy: I do them every 2 years or 50,000.

How long do they last? The most extreme case I have is my 4 wheeler, 1991 still original plug, pulled out a couple times just to look at it, I keep meaning to replace just never got to it :dizzy: Its a runner :clap:

As far as cars going 100,000 miles with plugs, yes you can, but,.. you might have to pull the head to get them out :dizzy: I do them every 2 years or 50,000.

The newer iridium plugs are rated for 100,000 miles, and they do last that long with no problems pulling them. Just did that about a year ago on my grand prix. Pulled them not because of ignition problems, but because they hit 100K miles.

These are hard to find.
attachment.php

They used uranium in the glaze on some ceramic parts. Geiger counter will pick this up.

Now that's old world. Used to be that auto mechanics would pull plugs and re-use them in their own cars. Now plugs in cars last for upward of 100,000 miles.
+1! And they last in chainsaws for 20 years or more. Dealers routinely change out good plugs and automatically charge back $10 or more to customers. I'd love to have a few of those "dead" plugs so that I could use them for at least another 10 years.

I look at it this way, put in, what it came with. If you own a Chevy, use AC Delco, if you have a Ford, use Motorcraft. Likewise, if you have a Stihl, then use Bosch or if you have a Shindaiwa, Echo or Redmax, use NGK. I save the Champions for Dodges and lawnmowers.

After a failure cost me a motor in a car, never again will I have a Champion plug here. Center electrode fell out about 1000 miles after install and holed a piston. I did get reimbursed but only after a huge battle that probably wasn't worth it.

NGK or Bosch in 2 strokes, ACDelco in 4 strokes.

Latest posts

Back