Specific type of Maple Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAPeach

Reaction score
Hi! I am in desperate need of your help. My family visited Niagra Falls and while there saw a different type of Maple tree than what we are accustomed to seeing here. I don't know the name of it and that's where you may come in helpful.

The leaves are green, but on the edges they are outlined in white. When looking at them from a distance, they look almost silver. Like they shimmer in the light. Does anyone know the name?

I think there is a variety of Norway Maples named "Harlequin" that has that type leaf. Probably some others. I have seen Manitoba Maple (boxelder) with the same white margin.

Bob Underwood

There are verigated silver maples also. Bob's right there are many norway maple cvs. that are verigated

There is a boxelder that has red/pink verigation called 'Flamingo'.

Thank you, both, very much for all of your help. I looked at the pics John sent linkd to and I researched the Norway Maples and found that the Harlequin is the very one I was looking for!

Unfortunately, I also found they are only hardy to USDA Zone 4. I live in Zone 7.

By any chance, does anyone know where I can find a listing of plants and trees that are hardy to specific zones? Is there such a critter? Thank you for your help!

Michelle

Hardienss is cold comparison. Wich means it would not do well in northern wisconsin.

Some companies are starting to list heat limits now though.

Call your local nurseries and see if they carry it or a similar cultivar.

Latest posts

Back