Specs on an old Jred?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Rob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any old specs around for my mod 80 that would give the power, stroke, bore, displacement (I am guessing around 80cc:D )
I just about have it up and running again. Found out that it had been set up with a 8 tooth sprocket, I had already bought a 7 tooth and will go with that for now. I hope this will be my new milling saw.

thanks,

Rob

Rob, Bore ;52 mm -(2.047") , Stroke;38mm(1,496") , Displacement : 80 (4.9) I have come across quite a few and when it comes time to rebuild I go to the 910 (at the time) as the 910 had the comp. release button and more power!!!!!!! Jon

Rob , if you ever need parts or advice contact Dennis , he's just north of you and might have some obsolete inventory laying about . Alot of the Jred dealers around these parts take those old ones in on trade and toss em . I hate to see em give up the ghost ." One mans' trash "........Jon

Those vintage, pre-Elux, silvertop Jonseys were some of coolest, if not best saws made in the '70s. Very unique product. Of course, you really shouldn't bother with the compact models like those 80s... :)

(forgive me, it's late)

John in Ma., I think that is one of the most beautiful saws I have ever seen , and not just a face a mother would love .I am lost for words but am incredibly surprised that Fish , Babcock , or Stihltech can't come up with something more appropriate to say about it ,due to the background . ( The basis of your liquididation)

John,
I agree, that is a great looking saw. Funny how you can become emotionally attached to a fire engine red saw, I don’t think the guys with only orange saws can understand it.:blob2:

Back