Speechless...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several things come to mind as I watched this. I probably shouldn't say any of them. I will say this though. I hope those guys were the tree service company. Cuz if it was my company and my guys did that with my saws :jawdrop: ---- Again I can't say it!!!!!!!!!! And to think they were nice Stihls too. It kills me to see people treat any tool poorly.

..............been posted before. Stihl appalling to watch though.:dizzy:

Didnt know stihl made a handheld stump grinder or would it be the mini ditchwitch ?

That poor saw! They should be reported to the saw police for cruelty.
But I have seen people doing this before with rental saw's.

Eh???

Ever hear of two guys and a truck??? Well... "Two mexicans and two saws!!"

:laugh:

Nah, the water doesn't hurt the bars and chains. If that were the case, they wouldn't be building castles out of ice up here all winter... They use'em in this part to cut ice all the time in the winter...

Last edited:
How is this hard on the saw itself? I realize it trashes the bar and chain, but how is it hurting the saw?
True, but the best and most important part of a saw is it's Chain.I would have used a Axe that's what I did taking a tree out of the yard, Dug all around it and chopped it out. That's because I was too cheap to get someone in there with a stump grinder:)

True, but the best and most important part of a saw is it's Chain.I would have used a Axe that's what I did taking a tree out of the yard, Dug all around it and chopped it out. That's because I was too cheap to get someone in there with a stump grinder:)

I wouldn't have used this method either. But, assuming the guys charged enough to replace their bar and chain, why would this be a bad method?

Looks like they were doing their best to avoid as much dirt as possible. The other guy stopped him once to hose more grit off the stump. Looks like the stump pinched the saw at the very end. They could have used some wedges and a loop of carbide chain.

The one running the saw was frustrated too... when the cameraman told him to smile, he gave him that "get away from me or you're gonna eat that camera" look.

Ian

I wouldn't have used this method either. But, assuming the guys charged enough to replace their bar and chain, why would this be a bad method?
Why kill a chain? Plus Working a saw that hard, that's what you do when you kill the chain. Who knows if they are charging? it is assumed they are do it your self's or home owners.

A consumable to be figured into operating costs. Why spend hundreds on a stump grinder if you can use a $20 chain and accomplish the same thing, while avoiding hiring a sub?
Maybe for some that would be fine but multiple that buy say 100 jobs. All you get is wasted time and back breaking work. And that chain if it was a Stihl chain would cost over $ 55.00 here.

Back