spring plate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoBoots

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi how's it goin?, mmmm-question,is anyone familiar with a spring plate fed chuck and duck style chipper? This is the only chuck and duck style chipper I've ever been around and I can't get this thing to suck up a limb for nothin. It's got some kind of spring plate positioned in front and under the drum looks like it ought to bounce up and down, maybe causing the wood to feed into the drum. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated, no pun intended. Thanks, Two Boots.

sounds interesting, got a pic? hey ropensaddle, any ideas? BTW, rope is kinda the go to guy IMO on this subject. i value his opinion and he's helped me with my chuck and duck questions. good luck, kevin

Sorry about the links to those two videos, got'em backwards. Anyhow, to Veneer Man, I really don't know who it was manufactured by. The truck itself is a 67' International and the chipper and bed are factory addons. That's about all I know. I just got back from getting the family dinner and went out and really chucked a limb at the thing with the engine rpm at 2500(seems kinda high to me) the limb went away like a rum and coke at a new year's eve party, kinda cool(first time that's happened maybe I'm just so used to hydro. feed that I didn't have the knack for it). Any info. on the purpose of that plate hooked to down pedals, is still appreciated. two boots.

ugh. Forgot to say thanks to Kevin and old chipmunk, it helped put me to ease that you guys were willing to help. Thanks again for being interested in my problem you guys are great.

I have only seen one like that in 27 years of doing tree work. It was a Asplundh machine. On the one I saw you would put the PTO on and run the truck transmision up through the gears to get it to the rpms you want. I think he ran it in 3rd gear.It sounded like a beast getting it going. The guy called it "Goliath" It shot the chips to the rear of the truck into the chipbox. Does this sound like your machine?

Back