Started the path tp my arborist license

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brush Hog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We last night was my first class and for the next 13 weeks I'll be learning all I can to get it in early spring. A whole lot of info but most makes sense so at least I don't have total deer in the head lights look. I've set my goals high and aiming for the brass ring.

The CT Arborist License is not easy but with a little dedication you should succeed.

I know several (from my private sector days) whom have had no college and scored very well.

Many professional exams / certification's are geared towards folks who have a college education.

CT, in this case, did not make that mistake.

Good luck! :cheers:

Here's an update

I go for the first part of the test in a week and when I pass it second/third part is in June. Getting harder to study with work load increasing plus family time but a little sacrifice now will pay off tenfold in the future.

I go for the first part of the test in a week and when I pass it second/third part is in June. Getting harder to study with work load increasing plus family time but a little sacrifice now will pay off tenfold in the future.

i know what your saying man, ive taken a year off to study full time, horticulture and Arboricultute, but like you say all this hard work WILL pay off in the future, may your studies go well!

:greenchainsaw:

Nope. In CT all you do is call Dept. of Environmental Protection to schedule a test and they will send you a study packet. I took the class to gain additional knowledge before taking the test. Was more interactive than just reading the material.

Mr. Hog, I'm also in CT and was wondering where you are taking the classes. I may be interested in doing this, too. Thanks for the idea. Tim
Where in CT are you? I'm in Middletown.

I took them in New Haven through the CTPA(ww.ctpa.org) but you can also study on your own. Call 860-424-3369 and ask for a packet for the arborist exam. I live just up RT 66 form you in Marlborough. I actually just got home from taking the test and feel good about it. Now if my test score will match my feeling I'll be all set. Should know by early next week. Spending the rest of the day as a mental health day striper fishing in the yak.
Pete

Last edited:
Who would you contact for an arborist license in Upstate NY? BTW good luck with your plans and license.

Thanks for the info. and hopefully you had a good day fishin' and paddlin'!

Tim

Well I got the results back and I'll be taking written over again :censored:. Did OK on pesticide part but insect & disease is where I bombed. I went into the test a little apprehensive about I&D so it wasn't a shocker. Going to get ISA arborist study guide for extra study material. I will once again try in June.

t613, Your welcome and had a great day on the water

Back