Starting a tree business in pa

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you should stick to selling equipment and not telling the OP to commit insurance fraud. I get what you are saying about the 75% BS but it is the 25% that separates the men form the boys and where the damage potential lies. But hey it takes all kinds to keep life interesting.

I think you should stick to selling equipment and not telling the OP to commit insurance fraud. I get what you are saying about the 75% BS but it is the 25% that separates the men form the boys and where the damage potential lies. But hey it takes all kinds to keep life interesting.

I think you are missing my point Flushcut. And frankly I don't like being told what I should or should not say.

I think you are missing my point Flushcut. And frankly I don't like being told what I should or should not say.

What your telling him to do is insurance fraud. I said it earlier in the thread. Telling someone to do something shady makes you look bad exspecially when your a advertiser here.

Ok.
My point is that he is doing tree work and maybe some lawn mowing. Right? So if he is up a tree and things go south, as they can happen, and dude is at 51' then he is committing fraud and his, scaper insured, boo boo is jacking my rates and the rates of other tree men nation wide, because it adds to the stats at the end of the day.
Say all you want this is a free country, and like I have the power to make you do anything over the internet.

Ok.
My point is that he is doing tree work and maybe some lawn mowing. Right? So if he is up a tree and things go south, as they can happen, and dude is at 51' then he is committing fraud and his, scaper insured, boo boo is jacking my rates and the rates of other tree men nation wide, because it adds to the stats at the end of the day.
Say all you want this is a free country, and like I have the power to make you do anything over the internet.

Doesn't really work like that but I'm done. I stand by what I have written.

Insurance

Anyone know of any good insurance brokers to go through in the Luzerne/lackawanna county area of northeast pa??

I got a policy for 2 million, 1 million max per incident from WestBend. Runs $780/yr. Not sure why these other companies are bending folks over so bad.

Ya ya. 75% of what tree companies do is on the ground. If you are on the ground and moving vegetation its landscaping. It's a legitimate way to describe your business and pay a lower rate.
Typical an insurance company will want you to break down your work specifically. Over state the ground stuff and under state the climbing and removals. Your guessing anyway, just guess in your favor. Besides you might like planting trees, it might pay better as well.
This is just a trick to help get a new company off the ground.
If you pull this and then drop a crane through your customers house, well you'll be needing a bondsman not some random cheap advise.

75 percent my ass. You are right about insuring new start ups though, it can be tough to find insurance. Which reminds me, I should call my broker and get a lower rate after all these years.

Last edited:
I got a policy for 2 million, 1 million max per incident from WestBend. Runs $780/yr. Not sure why these other companies are bending folks over so bad.

Some brokers just don't handle tree work. You need to find the right broker and when you do then walk in his office and tell him exactly what you intend to do then pay him the money. There is just no way around around it.

I would like to help out and tell who I use but I am not gonna do that. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back