Starting Off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70t351w

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Howdee yall
Just got my business ID and tax ID today. I wanted to know though if tree work would be classified as agriculture or services? I am also looking into insurance......What should I be looking for?

If your doing all the work yourself, just get liability and you should be good. You can just buy a couple months at a time until you get some money to buy more. If your going to hire someone, there are two ways to go....One is to sub-contract, in that case, the sub-contractor needs to be insured or your premiums will go up when the insurance company audits you. Or you can go all-out with a payroll, workers comp, unemployment, yadda yadda, the list just goes on. When you try to do things the "right" way, you had better expect that unca scam will sink his hooks into you and never let go. Youll be doing paperwork till 12 oclock at night.

If you have someone you can trust, subbing is the best way to go, even if you have to buy the insurance for them. On the up-side, they can claim expenses, on the down side, there are certain guidelines you have to go buy when sub-contracting, including how yo pay and how they work for you.

You can have actual employess, but expect to be paying through the nose.....it can eat a BIG hole in your profits.

Latest posts

Back