starting out...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71chargerse

Reaction score
can anyone help me out with a simple shopping list of thing i might need to buy to start climbing treets. i'm very interested in getting supplies soon. what would i need?

Mike is correct. If your desire is to work on trees then you need lots of other info before ever leaving the ground. There is a great deal of info in the archives of the climbing forum. You might also check out this site about recreational tree climbing.
http://www.treeclimbing.com/

What the heck is it with firemen thinking they can climb trees. Every fireman I have ever met does tree work on the side. So you wannabe a tree man. Fine. You need spikes, a saddle, and a rope. This will put you ahead of the curve when it comes to tree-climbing firemen.
Geez, guys, he doesn't want a lecture, he wants information.
A weaver saddle is fine, regular - sliding dee - doesn't matter, whatever you get is what you'll get used to. E-bay is a good place to pick up used climbing gear. Try to get a rope without too many cuts in it. Those are the basics, you can spend as little or as much as you want on fancy gadgets. Check out the banner ad at the top of the page for Sherrill Arborist Supplies. Lots of goodies there if you want to spend a wad.

One last thing. Put 911 on speed dial and keep your cell phone handy.

Dang, I miss Rocky.

Originally posted by Treeman14
Dang, I miss Rocky.

I sure as hail don't.

Newbies might hang around and learn something if he ain't there to put them down.

And I mean that in a nice way. :angel:

Fair enough. He wants to climb trees. Teach him something.

71, got any pics of the car?

car is still in resto stage, motor runs great. don't have any pics with me at work. i'll post some later when i get home.

Latest posts

Back