Stihl 011AVT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh1677

Reaction score
I have the 011AVT and find that it is a great saw for light cutting.
A couple of issues though.
1. The bar stud keeps coming loose in the housing because the brass nut binds on the opposite end of the stud. Can anyone offer and remedies?
2. The last two times that I have used the saw it would vapor lock after refilling with fuel. Didn't used to do this. Words of wisdom please?

I would really love to find a parts breakdown with part numbers if anyone can help me out.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you may offer.

I have the 011AVT and find that it is a great saw for light cutting.
A couple of issues though.
1. The bar stud keeps coming loose in the housing because the brass nut binds on the opposite end of the stud. Can anyone offer and remedies?
2. The last two times that I have used the saw it would vapor lock after refilling with fuel. Didn't used to do this. Words of wisdom please?

I would really love to find a parts breakdown with part numbers if anyone can help me out.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you may offer.

Send me a PM with your email address. Remove bar stud and rethread the nut side or buy a new stud. The thread is 8mm by 25. This will make tightening the bar nut much easier. I replace the bar stud by using red loctite. This will ensure it doesn't loosen. Check your tank vent. Its located in back of the carb along with the fuel line as I recall and ends up on the clutch side of the saw under a small metal cover. Its available from your Stihl dealer. If its defective you will get vapor lock.
Bob

Back