Stihl 025 Clutch cover washer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisH

Reaction score
Hello to all, and thank you in advance for any assistance.
Have a Stihl 025 that I bought used around 20 years ago. Bought a new bar and chain. I noticed the sprocket looked quite worn, and the oiler isn't working. I ordered a kit with all of those parts and was ready to go. Found a step by step video. At the point that I removed the clutch there wasn't a washer behind it as in the video. It would be part 5 in the diagram below. No one has one locally, I can order one online. Somewhere I read that some earlier saws had a different style (winged?) clutch and that they wouldn't work with the washer. Does anyone know how to tell if the original owner left it off, or if it was like this from the factory?
Thanks again for any help you may be able to offer!

Chris

https://www.diyspareparts.com/parts/stihl/diagrams/025/23aac09b-89f2-4d41-aab2/

There were two clutches. The difference are the 3 shoe retainers. If there were wings that went under the springs, no washer. No wings, washer required. Yes, an available part.

There were two clutches. The difference are the 3 shoe retainers. If there were wings that went under the springs, no washer. No wings, washer required. Yes, an available part.
Thank you for clarifying the difference!
In this photo, the bottom clutch was on the saw. So it’s ok to use the new one on top but add the washer, right? Or do I need to find the winged clutch?

Attachments

• 9DB56072-919C-4C42-B386-BCE845BA0BDD.jpeg
    9DB56072-919C-4C42-B386-BCE845BA0BDD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Back