Stihl 031AV clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fisharcher

Reaction score
Hi all,
New member here from Australia. I am a retired fitter with a penchant for doing up old machines for the fun of it. This includes motorcycles both road and trail, nail guns, chainsaws, small engines, tractors, you name it I'll have a go.....My latest project for a young friend is doing up a Stihl 031AV chainsaw with a blown clutch. It is the old style with the bonded shoes and the small diameter drive shaft. It has lost 2 of its Shoes so doesn't drive anymore and I believe they are not available now. Could anyone advise if there is a replacement and if so what they are please? I have had a look on various sites but the ones I have found have a larger diameter shaft thread and clutch diameter so don't fit the clutch housing. As I live in Australia, it may be too expensive to order in from the States so hopefully some form of generic part would be ideal.
Thanks in advance
Fisharcher
Note: I posted this a few days back but probably put it in the wrong place so have reposted.
Cheers
Quote Reply

Hey,

Welcome to the forum, your best solution in this case is to reach out to local Stihl shops and explain the situation you’re in and ask if they could see if they have a spare clutch for your saw in any parts bins they may have.

Dealers often have a whole bunch of machines in bits as parts machines for the workshop. My dealer charges half new price.

What state are you in? I’m in WA,

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back