Are OEM stihl 090 6 shoe clutches available anywhere?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliceoflife

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So the cheap chinese replacement clutches for the stihl 090 (the single spring, six shoe version) are 90-110$ on eBay... I figure an OEM one, if available, probably wouldn't cost that much more...

Question is; does anywhere sell these?

Know offhand the correct part number so I can keep my eyes open? The one I'm getting off eBay listings for the aftermarket replacements is pulling up all kinds of nonsense, so Im hoping it's wrong.

Second this. I gave 250 bucks for my OEM 090 clutch and also found a spare set of shoes. Still, at least somebody is making a clutch. Used to be you had to switch to the 070 clutch.
The irony being I'm trying to buy it for a g070 that has a crummy clutch that cant hold the chain still at idle so that I'm ready to replace the top end for an 090 conversion if I decide to upgrade down the road.

Someone suggested that I just bend the springs a little, but I didn't have any luck with that.

I just went back through some notes and in June of 2017 I advertised the new 090 clutches for $150 and folks here have me crap about it being too high.

On a computer, if you click on the pic, it will get bigger. I don't know about phones.
I went back and scratched at it and made it bigger. So that works. I’m afraid anymore I just blast past what I can’t read on the first pass and it’s become a habit for all my internet travels. On kind of a different but similar thread, I enlarged all the print along with the damn pointers on all the computers I have to use at work. There are quite a few I share with others. The complaining was incredible. What the heck do they have to complain about? It’s easier to read and use for everybody.

360151297_6692732007433068_512952976746780497_n.jpg
Good morning ,
I have a crankshaft from a 090 1106 030 0400, it doesn't have vertical play but it shows the marks of the bearings, which shows that it was stopped for a long time inside the crankcase.
you can see the slightly dug marks, it will be with a cleaning and new bearings I'll be able to ride it and I won't have any problems.
thank you for your help based on your experience.

Thanks.
Sérgio

What he said. Even if you could polish all that out, you cannot polish the big end rod bearing surface because it’s covered up. You can bet it looks just like what you see on the outside. It’s unfortunate, but if you run that you’re flirting with disaster IMO.

Back