Stihl 015 value??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjayfromwa

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I picked up an 015 that someone gave to me because it wouldnt run. So i just did a general service to it and it runs great now. The saw is in great condition, but i really have no need for it, so i figured i would sell it.
I see a lot of people selling some of these stihls for crazy prices, but i really have no idea of the value of the thing.
It has a 14in bar with micro chain on it.
Thanks for any responses...

You are right some sell on "FLEABAY" for unrealistic prices. The thing that makes those prices go up depends on how much you want the saw and willing to pay for?
Most of the time they are pretty beat up with low compression and at the end of their life and should be considered as parts saw since you cannot make an informed decision. I have heard many deception on transaction that did not go as expected.
Many factors influence the value.....broken parts...saw history....abused or not???? chain ....blade....is it ready to cut or do you need to put money for new blade and chain getting at the end of their life.
Main thing is to have a serious discussion with your potential buyer.

And show us some pictures..... :) :)

Personnaly a "turn key saw" excellent order i would pay $150.00 top.
I had an old STIHL saw and went to the dealer for exchange and would not give me a penny ...........I even offered to give it for free as a parts saw and he refused.....seemed they only want to sell new saws with warranty......

This is my opinion..........Alain,

Well i did a general service to the saw to see if it would run. Since when i got it, it wouldnt do anything. So a new fuel filter, gas, rebuilt carb, new fuel line, plug and she runs like new. I also built a new chain for it and had the original one ground. That way i know whoever gets it is ready to go. I'm not into doing anything half-a**.
I figured around $75 for the saw and if i ever sell anything to a homeowner i make sure to give them some tips to stay safe and be comfortable operating a saw. I dont want any injuries....(unlike so many dealers that just let em loose!)
Thank you for the information and I totally agree with fleebay! I wouldnt ever pay for something just from what pictures told me...unless i knew some background on the guy.
Thank you

Back