IEL Beaver Value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I might have the opportunity to buy an IEL beaver in great shape and running... but I cant find anything of what a fair price would be. Anyone seen what these would sell for? Its in very nice shape, its on display at a local hardware store near where I live. Not sure what to offer him.

Difficult question really, much depends on who would want one and what they are willing to pay. Being it`s just a vintage collector saw if in good physical condition and runs then it would likely fetch $4-$500. as they are rather rare and parts are just about unobtainable unless you know someone. Mostly a shelf queen/occasional show off saw for collectors so a limited number of people interested but those that are will often spend much more than what others think it is worth just to acquire one. Been there, done that.

I forgot to take photos but this is the model I believe.

Attachments

• IMG_9688.jpeg
    IMG_9688.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9686.jpeg
    IMG_9686.jpeg
    642.9 KB · Views: 0
I have the AB, the model made right after the original Beaver, the one in the pics above looks in good shape. Mine is painted all blue as I did not have a pic to look at when mine was restored.

images
ec7c4564d02d02867d10f3ecfa8bf885.jpg

Ya Im willing to pay a fair price for it but thats a hard question... I'm pretty new to saw collecting. I love the history and would love to fall a tree or two with it for fun but more for the history of it. I would like a 1940's saw in my stash, I have a 1950's david bradley, 1962 mac 1-43, 1970ish mac 10-10. just got myself hooked on these old saws. working on a deal now for a mall 12a as well lol

Back