Stihl 015L completely original

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsnyder

Reaction score
I found a guy that had this and couldn't find a replacement chain. Took me 2 calls. Runs and cuts completed with no issues. I cleaned it up. But I believe this may be even the original bar.
Any idea what this might be worth? I know parts ones got between 50-100. I've seen some on eBay not in this condition go for 300.

PXL_20230517_232609170.jpgPXL_20230517_232621560.jpg

I found a guy that had this and couldn't find a replacement chain. Took me 2 calls. Runs and cuts completed with no issues. I cleaned it up. But I believe this may be even the original bar.
Any idea what this might be worth? I know parts ones got between 50-100. I've seen some on eBay not in this condition go for 300.

View attachment 1083518View attachment 1083517
Runner? Pics of the cyl via exhaust?

View attachment 1083518View attachment 1083517
Nice score! That one is a little older than mine. Mine is an early electronic ign. Nice case too! Mine still has the original bar. I still have the original chain. It was only hand filed by me, and never run into sand, rock, concrete, etc. I did buy a new chain a couple years ago, because there was not a lot of tooth left. It is a little giant! It has mostly been used for limb and trim, but has also dropped a fair number of trees. It is my favorite saw, being a top handle, it can be run one handed for pruning. I've lost one of the "latches" on the case. I drag mine all over the country wherever I go. The last big (for it) tree I dropped with it was a leaner 24-26" dia. cherry, that I was trying to get to go 90º from the lean direction. I got it to go 80º and that was enough to miss all the neighbor's stuff.

Mine is a 1/4. I have bigger saws I leave in various places, but rarely need them. Last year we had something like 28 mature trees blow down in winter/spring storms. (and uncounted little ones) I did get out a bigger saw for that, but still probably spent more hours using the little 015 over the big saw 2 to 1. I bought a little homie Super 2 to leave there, but I am not as comfortable with its dependability yet, so I still drag the 015 around.

I have the AV model w/ rear handle. Check the wire that goes to the points. It can rub through where it passes under a black plastic cap and causes the saw to quit when it warms up. It that the 1/4 chain or 3/8lp?
1/4 chain. Wish it was 3/8

Here's the oil pump gear you need to change the sprocket. That's about the best price I found. You also need a 3/8 bar or hardnose bar. Be careful removing the clutch. If original, the carrier is soft metal. There was some thread damage on mine and it took the threads out of the carrier - had to replace it. I had a later 015 and the carrier was steel.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1853926461...R5Rit0Hh13g/Rx5GWeJHrkjw==|tkp:Bk9SR_7So7qGYg

Back