Stihl 019 T ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damo

ArboristSite Member
I own a Stihl 019 T and it says its made in Virginia Beach...any dramas with that? Does anyone know any more about 019 T ? It's a gutsy little number. What's the best fuel ratio for it ? Cheers n beers !

Stumper

Stumper

One Man Band
The 019T is almost universally depised on the web boards. I like the goofy swept back handle and the way the saw handles plus the toolless chain tensioner feature and have not been disappointed in the power(though it certainly doesn't match the020T/ms200T). I have had ongoing problems with the oiler on mine though and am about sick of the thing.

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
my 019T has a front access chain tensioner, i wont own a saw with that no tools system.. i also do not see a made in.. stamp or logo anywhere on the housings. its currently ripped apart waiting for a new piston ring and carb kit.
the 5min i did run it seemed like a nice little saw. even tho it was HIGHLY abused by whoever owned it last. it was run with only 1 bolt left holding the engine in the case, the amount of movement that caused murdered the oil pump. the 020T has the pro style block with removable head, on the 019T it has the consumer style crankcase and cyl combined.. less than ideal but it works for its intended light duty use.

a few good positives about the 019T:

its cheap.
parts are cheap.
widely available used.
fairly easy to work on

a few negatives:

intake pipe design prone to much leakage, lets dirt right in.
coil is seemly very weakly designed, plastic module can slide around on the metal mount section.
handle layout lets the saw torque around in your hands easily.
4 bolts holding the motor to case critical, must be checked often.

Latest posts