Stihl 020AV Super Carb Kit confusion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RES

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just rebuilt a Walbro carb for a 020av Super. On the side of the carb with the big screw there is a rubber gasket and a thin tan mesh piece with two flapper valves cut into it. On the new K10-wat kit the flapper pieces are missing from the tan mesh piece but there is an additional thin blue hard plastic sheet with the two flapper pieces on it. I assume you replace the old mesh piece that has the flappers with the mesh piece without the flappers + the blue piece with the flappers placing the blue piece against the carb followed by the mesh piece and then the rubber gasket. Has anyone had experience with this?

That's the correct sequence , but you dont have to use the backer gasket

Assume you've got a WT-326 carb?

The new blue diaphragm is supposed to be made of Acetate, so it's more ethanol resistant..I guess only the NOS Walbro kits will have the rubberized fiber ones.

May have to reset your high speed adjuster (more) rich, as they don't pump the same volume as the black ones.

The backer gasket just adds a little volume to the pump body from increased stack heigth.

Here's a picture at Walbro Carb Tune up!

Last edited:
Thanks Hotshot. That is just the information I was looking for. I didn't realize there was a Walbro tuneup guide. A lot of good information there. Thank you for taking the time to include that in the reply.

By the way...

The K10 is not called for on a WT 326 series. Walbro's website recommends either the membrane kit D26-WAT, or the full rebuild kit K26-WAT.

I wonder what is different versus the K10 kit? I know the diaphragms are the same.

I didn't realize I had the wrong kit. Would the D26-Wat kit have had the old style fuel pump diaphragm in it. These 020av's are hard enough to get running correctly without having to contend with reduced fuel flow.

Take back what I said in the last post. The carburetor is a WT 15A so I believe I have the right kit.

Does anyone know if a carb from a regular 020av with work fine with a 020av super?
Can't find much info on super carbs other than what's on acres.

Latest posts

Back