Stihl 021 - need help with air leak(?) symptoms

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it rare that manifolds go bad, but....it happens. Glad you got it fixed :chainsaw:
Thanks! You're probably right, but like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I suspect the manifold was not OEM. The new part I received had the Stihl logo on the part, which the old one did not have. The rubber itself was also thicker, which I guess helped make a better seal against the intake port.

Sent fra min moto g 5G plus via Tapatalk

Thanks! You're probably right, but like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I suspect the manifold was not OEM. The new part I received had the Stihl logo on the part, which the old one did not have. The rubber itself was also thicker, which I guess helped make a better seal against the intake port.

Then it was not OEM - stihl puts their mark on every part. Except for screws/bolts and the likes.
Nicely spotted!
I can only recommend one place to buy non OEM stihl parts, and only If you are in EU - saegenspezi.

That could explain a lot.

Back