Stihl 025 parts or junk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallnfree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking for an 025 for parts. The part I need is the right side engine housing, some how the plastic got chewed down to the oiler and now the oil leaks on to the clutch assembly. Is this a part i could buy? Any ideas how this happened? I hate to junk the saw it was a gift so I have no money going in.
Thanks
Aaron

Sorry but thats the whole case. A VERY bad problem with the. 21,23 & 25s.Most likely part of the clutch came apart. A downfall of using the quick stop. Not a major job just time.Its the whole tank housing not the crankcase.

Thanks. Do you know if that part is expnsive. I have the saw almost completely torn down. The clutch was in one piece. Is the housing something I can order or do I have to go through a dealer?
Thanks
Aaron

If the clutch is in tact. It most likely will be the oil pump worm gear.Before you replace the part find out what caused the problem.If you find a used one they are all the same housings. 21.23.25. I could get you one delevered new, shipping, taxes & such for $70.00. Oh I forgot I cant do Stihls on the internet. Sorry

This may be the best day of your life Sonny! Old Andreas will read this post, S*#@can you as a dealer, and you can be a Husky dealer and sell me saws wholesale:D

So true. I did check with Stihl while back, about selling just bars & chains online. Their reply was go ahead. But once they catch me I will never sell Stihls again.

i agree - just bought 2 84 link stihl rs chains for $45 with tax - i got ripped off i know but what else could i do. i wanted to test out the stihl chain and they had a "buy one get another at half price". cheapest price in town. if i would have just bought oregon lg from eg. baileys, ($14.95 a pop) - well - half price! i know already that the stihl chain is not 2X better than oregon lg...all without even trying it:p - well i was just too curious and have to find out for myself how good it really is.

stupid for stihl not to allow sales over the net though - i cant think of a single good reason why - ok service. but the current dealers can sell online too and keep "up the service standards" - the local stihl dealer is ok - but astronomical in price. sharpened my chain for a 136 (52 link) and he charged me $5 for it and looks like he might have burned it up - heck, baileys sells the chains new for $9.95 - needless to say i will never go there again unless the RS proves to be absolutely unbelievable,

Tundra that is normal price for Stihl chain. Like everything else they make more expensive. You will have to decide if it is worth the difference

Latest posts

Back